Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Considering most don't have a gaming rig, it is actually cheaper to just pay $60 for the console.. plus you'll get slightly better enhancements.

its still 8.99 pc. im sure the new gen console version is nice, this isnt an attempt to turn thjis into a pc vs console war

dooberGN

Established Member
I'm loving it so far, glad I didn't play it for the previous consoles because yes, there is a lack of games for next gen right now.

At first I didn't know the game had voice control so I was wondering why the game kept pausing randomly but realized it was because I was talking to myself.:(

87hatchy

Established Member
its still 8.99 pc.

No its not. You're probably looking at an old tomb raider game from the 90s.

They re-launced the series in March last year and now there is a new edition that just came out with updated graphics and all the downloadable content included called the "definitive edition." This definitive edition is only out for xbox one and ps4, its not even on PC (at least I don't think so).

But anyways, to the OP, I played the original version that came out in march last year and it was an awesome game. I would guess the definitive edition could only be better.

Last edited:

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
No its not. You're probably looking at an old tomb raider game from the 90s.

They re-launced the series in March last year and now there is a new edition that just came out with updated graphics and all the downloadable content included called the "definitive edition." This definitive edition is only out for xbox one and ps4, its not even on PC (at least I don't think so).

But anyways, to the OP, I played the original version that came out in march last year and it was an awesome game. I would guess the definitive edition could only be better.

Its $49.99 right now on steam. Anniversary and Underworld are both $8.99, but those are several years old.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
its still 8.99 pc. im sure the new gen console version is nice, this isnt an attempt to turn thjis into a pc vs console war
Im sure you're not :beer: But it'll be closer to $30 since the definitive edition has all the DLC aside from the graphics enhancements. The point of this thread though was for the next gen console version since PC lacks those things even with everything high.
True that. Building my first rig at the moment, already ran up high, and still havent even bought a GPU yet. Holding out to see if AMD's new API "Mantle" is a real game changer or not. PM me your setup, and we can can chat. Not trying to hijack the thread.
The Mantle is mostly aimed to help low CPU's improve, won't help out much against the higher spec'd, at least not at the moment.
I don't have anything special just an OC 3570k with 8GB DDR and an old OC 470GTX. Still strong enough to play 90% of games in 1080P in extreme, including Tomb Raider and BF4 at over 40FPS. Im making the jump to Nvidia's 800 series later this year :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread