Tomorrow

big dad

Established Member
Like it says, tomorrow is the big day for the Big Dad, I'll be 69 and can still power shift with the best of 'em.

As I was sitting in my man cave with the 03 on jack stands I thought about all the things I've been through in my life, so I thought I'd put some of these thoughts into a post.

For the past 4 years I've been involved in other more important things in my life to even consider driving the Cobra. The wife has been through Hell with her remaining siblings and it has taken a toll on both of us. Her younger sister had a brain aneurism and survived, but isn't the same person. Her youngest and only remaining brother passed away last July from pulmonary hypertention at the age of 51. She has been in mourning ever since and it has taken a toll on our relationship.

I finally decided to get the 03 back on the streets last year but everything didn't fall into place. I did accomplish one thing though, I managed to get it finally dynoed, which turned out to be what I was hoping for.

On top of all this I'm still trying to finish my Chevy II which has been going on this time for 21 years.

Then to top all this going on the weather has been quite stormy in my neck of the woods lately and the 03 has never been driven in the rain, so I've been waiting patiently for the weather to clear. Looks like that'll happen next week and I intend to make the most of it.

I realize this may be a incoherant rant but I just needed to tell someone, and no I'm not suffering from dementia or "Oldtimers".

Let's hope that next week I'm in a better state of mind and can enjoy crusing in the Cobra for once in 4 years.

blk02edge

Established Member
Sounds to me like you need to perform a therapeutic burnout once you get the car out. Hope all turns for the better man.

big dad

Established Member
Thanks man. I'll give that a try.

The last couple of years have really tested my patience and resolve.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I hope the storms subside in more than one way. When I am frustrated from work (managing 64 truck drivers and their equipment), I take the Cobra for a spirited drive that always seems to put me back into place and get my heart pumping. I hope you can find something, or utilize your Cobra in the same way.
Best of luck

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Better days are coming, Big Dad. Happy 69th! Now at the first sign of sun, take your Cobra out for a cruise and see how quickly a broad smile emerges on your face. :)

I hope you're planning on taking a vacation with your wife this summer. Sounds like she could really use some time away. It's so hard when you lose a loved one, but you absolutely must move on. I'm sure that is exactly what her brother would have wanted for her. Maybe do something very special with her. JMO.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Need video proof of said "power shift with the best of them"... :)

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
Happy birthday. Don't feel bad, this weekend will be the first time I get my car out this year, and it is in perfect running order. I am sure I am dealing with a lot less then you are and still have trouble finding the time.

Dominican_7

Established Member
Best age to be "69", sorry mind in the gutter. Well hope all turns out for the best to include turning those Cobra Wheels.:rolling: Will keep you in my thought ans prayers for better days Big Dad..:beer:

big dad

Established Member
Thanks for all who posted. I knew as soon as I made the thread someone would want proof of my shifting prowess. Anyway, It's coming out tomorrow and I'll be on my best behavior, hell I'll probably be in fifth gear before I get out of the driveway.

Later dudes.:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread