Too loud for the track!

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
LOL, I believe I now have definitive proof that my car is way too loud.

We had a track day for our local SVTOA on saturday out at a local track. They've got sound meters set up around the track so that they can make sure that they comply with the local noise bylaws and my car tripped all their sound alarms. The meters were set up a fair distance off the track, behind the walls and my car still managed to register a 98dB reading.... and that's with the baffles IN! I was told that if I came back to the track with the same set up again they wouldn't let me run.

There were cars there with full bassani QT catbacks, stingers, one guy even had cut his mufflers out and was running straight pipes, and I was louder than all of them. :uh oh:

I'm putting on a catted bassani X this week, no point in living in denial, but if you want your car to be LOUD , get an O/R X and an M55, your neighbours will hate you for it. :p

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
What is your full exhaust setup that makes the loudness?

BlackGT

SVT God
Established Member
hmm whats an M55? was that your original setup.. offroad X and M55? and with that you tripped there alarms off? anyways good job sounds fun either way!

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i love pissin off the neighbors when i have the car at my house in houston, havin catless bassani just makes it that much easier!

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
They can actually kick you off the track for your car being too loud? Its a dam race track, cars are suppose to be loud... Whats an M55

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Flowtech O/R X and FRPP M55 3" catback. The X is leaking a bit, but you can't hear it over the exhaust scream.

The M55 comes with a disclaimer: "An ultra-low back pressure exhaust system for your 1990-01 Cobra. Primarily 3" tailpipes, this system has low back pressure, but will produce significant noise and may be objectionable in some applications."

Before I put the baffles in, this set up was actually painful on your ears if you revved it up... and that's with the windows closed. :D

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Originally posted by BlackGT
sound clips please of this ungodly Noise!!

I don't have any but they were taking video of our racing for the club so there probably will be a vid available eventually. But the closest thing I've heard to it is a GT class race car. It screams.

code3smith

Established Member
I just went from an ORX to a Bassani Catted X and love it. I think the sound is perfect. You still get the nice v8 rumble without being obnoxious :) I think you will like it.

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Originally posted by code3smith
I just went from an ORX to a Bassani Catted X and love it. I think the sound is perfect. You still get the nice v8 rumble without being obnoxious :) I think you will like it.

I'll like it.... but my neighbours wil LOVE it! :D

Users who are viewing this thread