Too much power for a vert?

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
Certainly different feeling, but my vert has no problem with 530 rwhp, and I wouldn't hesitate to put a smaller pulley on the car and find 600. I have full length SFC and thats it, and feel very comfortable. I would miss putting the top down so much if it were gone!!
DSC_0405.jpg

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
You're in Wisconsin dude, I'm assuming you won't be driving the car year-round. If you get a coupe you'll feel stupid because you're gonna be driving around on a nice day wishing you got a 'vert so you could drop the top. That's why I swapped my '01 coupe for my '03 vert. Get a set of subframe connectors despite what SlowSVT says, because they DO make a huge difference, and they you can throw as much HP at it as your wallet allows. The truth is, you won't be driving it so hard that you need to worry about twisting the car apart, except for a few seconds at a time. If you go all-out for any longer than that on public roads you'll have plenty of other things to keep you occupied before you can worry about your car's structural integrity.

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
I have a buddy who had a KB 2.8h on his vert. Made 711 to the tires. No twisted chassis or body panels out of alignment either.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
No such thing as too much power, Vert or not!!!

Damn Straight! I knew someone was going to say it. :thumbsup:

It's so hard to decide between coupe and vert. I guess which ever comes along that is a good deal I will just have to go for. Maybe I can somehow keep the vert I have now as a DD and get a coupe and make it a monster....

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions guys. I appreciate it.

MikeW

Established Member
Search Bfoley his vert is insane...

My 600RWHP vert have been to the track many times without issue and I dotn even have a rollbar. You may want to add subframe connectors to stiffen the vert up a bit..

Users who are viewing this thread