Too much

IA Shelby

Established Member
After we die, I bet my kids sell our house for 200K below market with the condition that it comes fully furnished so they don’t have to deal with all of the stuff. I still have car parts from several cars I don’t even own. I am just as guilty as my wife.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I keep buying stuff and putting it on top of the spare fridge from amazon. I'll use whatever all that is oneday I'm sure.

Moved somewhere around 8 years ago. Still finding taped up boxes. Straight to the curb. If I didn't need by now, don't care what is in it.

Don't even get my started on the chest freezer. Minus the few steaks, fresh tuna what not why do we have 200 chicken nuggets? We dont have kids. Amazon and Costco are the devil. Take the dog for a walk and trip over 8 boxes.

Take the phone away. Except SVTP.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Moved somewhere around 8 years ago. Still finding taped up boxes. Straight to the curb. If I didn't need by now, don't care what is in it.

Don't even get my started on the chest freezer. Minus the few steaks, fresh tuna what not why do we have 200 chicken nuggets? We dont have kids. Amazon and Costco are the devil. Take the dog for a walk and trip 8 boxes.

Take the phone away. Except SVTP.
I'm the kind of guy that if I need something like a tool in the garage and I don't have it I won't not have it next time. Even if that is 10 years down the road..lol.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
When I retired and moved to Ohio we rented a 20 yard dumpster once all of our stuff showed up. Aside from a few random pieces of laminate flooring, tiles and old paint cans from the house we just bought we filled it with all the useless shit we had been dragging around for decades. We actually had a mound going above the sides so I had to dive in and actually re-pack the dam dumpster.

We are done with our shit for the most part (car/gun/hunting stuff not included) but now its the kids stuff that is starting up. I called it the "Cry Box" at first but its already 4 totes large with random piles throughout the house.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I won’t even get into this. I have lots rage built up, and it’s not very well veiled when it comes to this subject.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Guilty as charged. So much stuff. Wife is in the same boat. Hundreds of worthless (now) Longaberger baskets. She has repainted a few to better match decor, but soooo many stuck away in every crevice of the house.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Guilty as charged. So much stuff. Wife is in the same boat. Hundreds of worthless (now) Longaberger baskets. She has repainted a few to better match decor, but soooo many stuck away in every crevice of the house.
I lived through the longaberger basket craze. Wife spent thousands on that stuff. She has more shoes than Imelda Marcos. Bet we have taken at least 200 pairs to Goodwill. Still has 200+ left with more arriving weekly.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I can’t help it, I have to get something out.

We sorted through bags, pencil cases, and boxes of markers and crayons and other “craft room” shit a couple weeks ago.

I wanted to just chuck the crayons. Half are broken, mixed up from 13 other full boxes, markers are all scattered about.

I said, “Just throw these away, buy a set or two, and just be done with the clutter and bull shit.”

Response:

“Of course you’d just throw them away. You’re wasteful. You never care about anything etc…”

Woman, I care about my brain that is about to splatter on my shower wall. This shit drives me nuts.

Why do we spend hours every week picking up shit that is useless? There are so many broken/mixed up/incomplete toy sets that aren’t being used, but they’re sure as **** being scattered across my house.

Jesus, I need an unbiased third party To go through my house and tell my wife she’s out of her ****ing mind.

Edit: walk in my house and in 10 seconds you can see the issue. On our counter, by the strainer for clean dishes, is a ****ing horde of water bottles. Open up the cabinet above the strainer, and there are 14 more water bottles. Why the **** do we have 3 kids, 2 adults, and legitimately, 25 water bottles taking up ****ing space?

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I can’t help it, I have to get something out.

We sorted through bags, pencil cases, and boxes of markers and crayons and other “craft room” shit a couple weeks ago.

I wanted to just chuck the crayons. Half are broken, mixed up from 13 other full boxes, markers are all scattered about.

I said, “Just throw these away, buy a set or two, and just be done with the clutter and bull shit.”

Response:

“Of course you’d just throw them away. You’re wasteful. You never care about anything etc…”

Woman, I care about my brain that is about to splatter on my shower wall. This shit drives me nuts.

Why do we spend hours every week picking up shit that is useless? There are so many broken/mixed up/incomplete toy sets that aren’t being used, but they’re sure as **** being scattered across my house.

Jesus, I need an unbiased third party To go through my house and tell my wife she’s out of her ****ing mind.

Edit: walk in my house and in 10 seconds you can see the issue. On our counter, by the strainer for clean dishes, is a ****ing horde of water bottles. Open up the cabinet above the strainer, and there are 14 more water bottles. Why the **** do we have 3 kids, 2 adults, and legitimately, 25 water bottles taking up ****ing space?
My mom was real good at makin shit "disappear", you should take that hobby up. I had no idea until well into my thirties when she disappeared some of my Dads stuff and he bitched her out in front of me. I never figured out why I lost so much stuff as a kid but never as an adult.

Users who are viewing this thread