Took car to the dealer, got it back with some scratches

04silversnake

Established Member
I feel so mad; I took it to the dealer for the rear bearing. I had noticed it when I was installing the Billetflow brace that my rear wheel was loose. It turns out a bad bearing. I brought it on Monday and yesterday I picked it up. As usual, when they brought it back to me, I do my circle inspection, and noticed a few light scratches in the front bumper; I think not a big deal. I then noticed the side skirt is not flushed with the body of the car, so I just pushed it in until it clicked, but the bolt that goes on the rear wheel well is pushed up and deformed that side of the skirt. I think this happened from not putting those flaps (don’t know what they are called) under the car to raise it in the proper location. Also, there was a dent in the bottom center of the driver’s door. You can see the paint shipped. After talking to the manager and the service advisor, they are going to take care, and fix it. It took some convincing to let them know that it happened there. I don’t like to generalize but I have taken my car to at least 4 different dealers and always something happened. I also noticed that the back sit had some change on it like if someone was sitting there and dropped some change. Car was vacuumed the day before. Also, the small fabric inside the bottom of the center console was on the top, something that does not comes out of place on its own. And on top of all, car had 12 miles on it and the invoice had the same mileage in and out. I was so upset about the dent that I forgot to even mention about the mileage. Now I feel the car not as fast, I think can it be me? Or my imagination? But the boost gauge does not even hit 8psi; it looks like it would be like 6. This is by estimating with relation of the 0 and the 10 marks, and of course comparing how it moved before.
I just avoid when I can to go to the dealer.
At least I have had only bad experiences.
:fm:

04silversnake

Established Member
I just came back from work, and wanted to go for a test drive and boost the same. On the low side. Yesterday I used the predator and saw the last tune written was the original. Today I went to see what codes were stored and it came back with the following information.
Note: codes P0602, P0605, P1211, and P1690 are normal for tuned vehicles. I am running more info in the codes. I have the predator manual but cant see where the codes are. Can anyone point to me if there is a page# or what these codes means?
Thanks

04silversnake

Established Member
I just found the following:
P0602 Control Module Programming Error
P0605 Internal Control Module Read Only Memory (ROM) Error
I wonder if they messed up my computer? Is there a way to verify?

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
You Have To Protect Your Self When Going Into A Dealer Because 95% Of Them Are Just Plain Bad !!

1) I Wash Car Before Going, And Make Sure Motor Is Clean Also (vacume Inside)

2) I Always Do A Full Walk Around Of The Car, Rims,tires, And Glass @ Inside Also, Seats@ Carpet.

3) I Note The Miles Of The Car And Where The Gas Is !!!

4) I Set Rev Limiter To 3,000 Rpm (with The Predator)

5) Check Rear Tires With A Gage For Depth.

You Must Protect Your Self When Going To A Ford Dealership At All Times, Its Very Sad You Have To Do This After Almost Spending 40k On A Car. People At Dealerships Really Dont Care Because It's Not There Car.

I Have Been Thrown Out Of Dealerships Because Of My Pre Inspections Of The Car (thats Good Because Right There Is Telling Me The Dealer Is A Piece Of Shit)!!

This Will Be My Last Ford Product Ever, Not So Much Of The Car But How You Are Treated At Dealerhips @ Fords Lacking Of Involment With Them Of Customer Satisfaction @ Waranty Issues That Have Nothing To Do Withthe Aftermarket Products That Are Installed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
apg2369 said:
You Have To Protect Your Self When Going Into A Dealer Because 95% Of Them Are Just Plain Bad !!

2) I Always Do A Full Walk Around Of The Car, Rims,tires, And Glass @ Inside Also, Seats@ Carpet.

You Must Protect Your Self When Going To A Ford Dealership At All Times, Its Very Sad You Have To Do This After Almost Spending 40k On A Car. People At Dealerships Really Dont Care Because It's Not There Car.

I Have Been Thrown Out Of Dealerships Because Of My Pre Inspections Of The Car (thats Good Because Right There Is Telling Me The Dealer Is A Piece Of Shit)!!

This Will Be My Last Ford Product Ever, Not So Much Of The Car But How You Are Treated At Dealerhips @ Fords Lacking Of Involment With Them Of Customer Satisfaction @ Waranty Issues That Have Nothing To Do Withthe Aftermarket Products That Are Installed.
Some might call this paranoia, but you know, what you do is pretty smart. You do have to protect your car because you hear of so many of these instances. And imagine how many go unnoticed by the average owner. Nice list you've got there!

04silversnake

Established Member
apg2369 said:

I do the same, except the rev limiter. I know, it is very sad you have to do all this things, after sweating too much to have a car of this price. At least for me.
Do you know if those codes should not be there? I know I have been in that screen before and no codes were revealed that I recalled.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
I feel for you .... that is why I am afraid to even take the car to the dealer for even small items ..

Crowley

ricksterman

Established Member
If you are worried about the dealer, have the service manager come out when you deliver the car and walk around the car with you. That way he knows the exact condition of your car when you brought it in. If something gets messed up, he can't really deny the damage was caused by his shop.

If he does deny it, and they don't fix it, its time for a wood shampoo (J/K).

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
Thats What I Mean About A Full Walk Around, Withe The Service Advisor @ Yourself.

04silversnake

Established Member
I will make sure if it is necessary to go back that the manager as well checks the condition the car is brought in.
I am testing the codes in the computer and dont know if what I am getting is OK? I need someone that has a predator to do a favor for me. I want to know if you get the same thing I am getting. I go tho predator Diagnostic, then with the key in the on position, engine off, go to show trouble codes, and I get this:
Note: codes P0602, P0605, P1211, and P1690 are normal for tuned vehicles.
My car has the original tune.
Thanks for you responses.

04silversnake

Established Member
04silversnake said:
I will make sure if it is necessary to go back that the manager as well checks the condition the car is brought in.
I am testing the codes in the computer and dont know if what I am getting is OK? I need someone that has a predator to do a favor for me. I want to know if you get the same thing I am getting. I go tho predator Diagnostic, then with the key in the on position, engine off, go to show trouble codes, and I get this:
Note: codes P0602, P0605, P1211, and P1690 are normal for tuned vehicles.
My car has the original tune.
Thanks for you responses.
Anyone knows this?

Users who are viewing this thread