Took it to the track and it won't shift.

Tim03cobra

Established Member
I took the truck to the track last Friday. I put the 2.75 upper with the 9" lower. The boost was right at 17lbs. On every run the truck would't shift from 1 to 2 without letting off the gas.:shrug: I did manage to run 12.05 @ 114.89 with a 1.772 60 foot. Does anyone know what to do with the trans to make it shift? It's stock with a shift kit. I was told it did the same thing before the kit too. Thanks Tim

Last edited:

04SilverSVT

Established Member
Mine does the exact same thing sometimes, but its normally after a pretty decent burnout. I have no idea what causes it either, anyone got any ideas?

P.S. Not trying to jack ur thread, just interested because mine does it too.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Mine will shift, but after the shift it will stumble really bad. I had to lower the 1-2 down to 4700 to make it stop, and the 2-3 to 4900. I've noticed that even doing this, on colder days, makeing more power, it's more apt to stumble. I've had this problem for almost 3 years now, and no one has bean able to point me in the right direction. I've tryed so many "fixes". So good luck with yours.

Derek2001

Established Member
Once you reach higher hp with the stock tranny i believe you have to start commanding your 1-2 a little lower. Mine used to bang the limiter just because the tranny just couldnt catch up with the truck. Lowered my shift point, and my actual shifts are probably occuring a good 200rpm later than demanded. I feel that with a built tranny you could probably command whatever you wanted and it would shift perfectly on time, but we'll find out sometime soon. Now if your truck isn't shifting into 2 at all, and you have to pedal it, then you may have something broken.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
If it's spinning, it'll shift into second, and keep spinning. lol But when it's hooked up, that's when it's crap.

Users who are viewing this thread