Took my Chevy SS daily to the dragstrip

CLN 6R

Established Member
I have one as my daily and have thought about super charging it. The car is a blast to drive now stock, being able to get into the gas hard even in curves. My concern with super charging it is that I will loose that ability and limit the car to more straight line performance that will need a tire to enjoy.

Same. I was close to getting an LSA kit for mine.

But coming from a Twin turbo G8 GXP, I knew it was a slippery slope and easy to get carried away again.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Seen a few that were cammed and on tires. Definitely a head turner.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Thats a great looking car with those wheels. That'd be the perfect power level for these cars, from what I've priced it out as the kit would be around around $6500ish for the kit, injectors, bigger H/E, H/E tank, and DSX Aux pump
If you decided to go with an LSA blower, let me know. May sell you mine if I go twins. :)

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Nice run. First time I saw one in person was at the track. Crammed and sounded nasty. It ran low 12s at 118 or so. They didnt have anything special for tires either. Maybe 555r's.
I was impressed. Just dont see many of them. I'd drive one for sure.

AWDLS2

Established Member
There were some smoking deals on those buggers. Pissed me off that they can LS3 and auto it, but my 5th gen has the L99.
Ya I love that fact, I just didn't want anything to do with any DOD motor so I was glad it's a LS3
I have one as my daily and have thought about super charging it. The car is a blast to drive now stock, being able to get into the gas hard even in curves. My concern with super charging it is that I will loose that ability and limit the car to more straight line performance that will need a tire to enjoy.
Ya I dont want to get too crazy with mine because I already have a ZR1 so I don't want to dump a ton in a car I know would take a ton to be made as fast as it is.
I've loved these cars since I saw the first one.
When I saw a white one and Weld RTS I knew I had to have one lol
Those are 18" Racestars, not 17" like most run. No spacers necessary. Thanks!
Ahhhh gotcha, what size tires do you run on those?
If you decided to go with an LSA blower, let me know. May sell you mine if I go twins. :)
Prolly wont be for a while but I'll let you know when I get more serious about it
Nice run. First time I saw one in person was at the track. Crammed and sounded nasty. It ran low 12s at 118 or so. They didnt have anything special for tires either. Maybe 555r's.
I was impressed. Just dont see many of them. I'd drive one for sure.
Ya they preform solid for what it is 4dr NA sedan and price point they were being sold at, but I'd definitely need to be in the 11s if I added a cam to it

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Ya I love that fact, I just didn't want anything to do with any DOD motor so I was glad it's a LS3

Ya I dont want to get too crazy with mine because I already have a ZR1 so I don't want to dump a ton in a car I know would take a ton to be made as fast as it is.

When I saw a white one and Weld RTS I knew I had to have one lol

Ahhhh gotcha, what size tires do you run on those?

Prolly wont be for a while but I'll let you know when I get more serious about it

Ya they preform solid for what it is 4dr NA sedan and price point they were being sold at, but I'd definitely need to be in the 11s if I added a cam to it

They did nothing but spin through 1st, so with a better tire it would have seen 11s.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I have a Procharger D1SC on mine. It runs pretty good. Here is a couple passes at a local 1/8 mile track about 3 weeks ago.

1st pass I spun real bad but legged it out to a 6.35 @ 110.7 with a 1.45 60 foot time.

2nd pass I dropped the tire pressure 2 psi. Hooked better but started skating around bad at 500 foot and I lifted about 600 feet. Coasted to a 6.34 @ 104 with a 1.40 60 foot time. Would have been a 6.29 or so had I stayed in it.

And now I'm searching the local classifieds for one. Lol

AWDLS2

Established Member
Same. I was close to getting an LSA kit for mine.

But coming from a Twin turbo G8 GXP, I knew it was a slippery slope and easy to get carried away again.
Just saw your signature, nice color! That's one of my favorite color in these. SLIRM
They did nothing but spin through 1st, so with a better tire it would have seen 11s.
Ah ya that isnt doing any favors
Very nice. Would be a good match for my DD.
Would need a stall to keep up ET wise, IS-F are nice cars my buddy has a SC'd E85 one I believe its the fastest in the country
And now I'm searching the local classifieds for one. Lol
Do it, you wont regret one as a daily. Mileage is average but lifes too short to worry about that if your commute isnt crazy

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I really like those cars. Was a day late on the 20% sale and that's the only reason I didn't get one last year(or is it two years ago...).
For a Chevy(Holden) they are quite nice inside.

Nice run.

CLN 6R

Established Member

Attachments

• 72D9FF8A-6050-4A1B-B0A7-4F0BF10A89B9.jpeg
    72D9FF8A-6050-4A1B-B0A7-4F0BF10A89B9.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 76

crazycarlo

Established Member
I love these cars. I was going to sell my fox coupe and try to pick up a G8 GT but man those owners want bank for them still. And I’ve heard of the interior having some issues and now that Holden won’t be making cars I’m scared the Parts would be even more difficult to get if I needed replacements.

AWDLS2

Established Member
I love these cars. I was going to sell my fox coupe and try to pick up a G8 GT but man those owners want bank for them still. And I’ve heard of the interior having some issues and now that Holden won’t be making cars I’m scared the Parts would be even more difficult to get if I needed replacements.
Ya I originally wanted a G8 before the SS came out but the interior in those is just dated obviously compared to the SS and the G8 owners wanted too much imo. As far as parts I'm not sure if that'll be a real issue being how popular the car is in Australia

Users who are viewing this thread