Took my Jeep out for a ride Saturday...

04SVTF

Established Member
Nice lookin jeep! I have an 05 TJ myself. Might wanna replace that tie rod though. Weakest piece right out front. I snapped mine like a twig one the its maiden run after the RE lift. Have an aluminum one on there now. Bout twice as thick and it'll flex

99boltsvt

hey lady..wanna ride??
Established Member
Nice lookin jeep! I have an 05 TJ myself. Might wanna replace that tie rod though. Weakest piece right out front. I snapped mine like a twig one the its maiden run after the RE lift. Have an aluminum one on there now. Bout twice as thick and it'll flex

Yea, I want to go with the HD tierods, ect. I just have to wait for the $$ tree to grow a little again. I really want to do a long arm kit....

04SVTF

Established Member
I have the 4.5" short arm kit from Rubicon Express. I personally like it more than the long arm kit cause I dont drag those pricey arms over the rocks. I went through Summit Machine for my tierod. Ends are a lil more beefy and the quality is awesome. Very nice product. And the only aluminum one I could find :beer:

Old

100_2124.gif

New

100_2175.gif

Last edited:

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Is aluminum a good material for a tie rod? My guess is that it would flex more...maybe thats a good thing:shrug:

I only ask since my tie rod is made from 1.5" (1/4" wall) D.O.M.

Just asking....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice Jeep! Looks like it just clears the top of the garage door. :)

99boltsvt

hey lady..wanna ride??
Established Member
Nice Jeep! Looks like it just clears the top of the garage door. :)

Thanks Bob!! That is 100% correct. After I got the new lift coils on it friday night, my wife asked me.."Honey, can you get it out of the garage now"?? I looked and thought oh $#!& !!!!Fortunately it made it!!!

99boltsvt

hey lady..wanna ride??
Established Member
Im with ya!! Need some 15.50 width for me!

Way too wide for my taste!! That's just more "lug" on the motor, and more mud to push out of the way. I had 33x10.50x15 boggers on it until Saturday, and they performed great. the only thing I did not like was the huge mud balls, and rocks they "grab" and chunk in the air that always seem to land on my head!! i could just imagine a 15.50 width...good lord, I would have to wear a suit of armor!!!:-D

6D9

Established Member
Im with ya!! Need some 15.50 width for me!

Mine are 18" wide(39.5x18x15)......work killer in all terrains. For mud drags the 38x11x15's work the best. But overall mud,snow,rocks I like the wide boys. Here is a front shot..driveway poser shot.

IMG_0383.jpg

Last edited:

04SVTF

Established Member
Is aluminum a good material for a tie rod? My guess is that it would flex more...maybe thats a good thing:shrug:

I only ask since my tie rod is made from 1.5" (1/4" wall) D.O.M.

Just asking....

Here's a tid bit of info on it...

A flexible, aluminum alloy, tie rod is going to better absorb the energy of an impact, and be less strenuous on contiguous front end components, thus making part failure even less likely while returning a usable tie rod

Last edited:

99boltsvt

hey lady..wanna ride??
Established Member
Mine are 18" wide(39.5x18x15)......work killer in all terrains. For mud drags the 38x11x15's work the best. But overall mud,snow,rocks I like the wide boys. Here is a front shot..driveway poser shot.

IMG_0383.jpg

Damn that's alot of tire!!!

Users who are viewing this thread