Took pics of my freshly painted intake/valve covers/ZOMG! chrome saleens...

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
In humble and punishing retribution for my late night thread, I offer pics of my new paint job, under which lies my new shortrunner(more on that later):

S5030694.gif

Sure makes that alternator look uglier than sinful hell, huh?

Also painted the EGR shroud...

S5030695.gif

...as well as the throttle body and mass air...

S5030696.gif

Was very happy to pull the valve overs off for the first time and see very little carbon buildup in the valve train. Guess those 2000 mile oil changes are paying off!

S5030646.gif

Got a set of ZOMG! chrome saleens, and I must say, I like!

S5030699.gif

I assume most that run 295/305's on a 10 inch use a Nitto or BFG, mine are a Nitto 275 and I'll be looking to go wider come tire time. Just doesn't seem like there's a lot of room left, what do you think?

S5030700.gif

Now about that shortrunner, holy HELL that made it wake up! The pull down low is apparent, but from 120 to 150 it's an entirely different car. The difference is dramatic. The runners are shortened an inch and a half as well as some smoothing/short turn work, but the plenum area underneath the runners is shortened up to even out the runner/plenum space. This allegedly will reduce the torque loss typically associated with the imrc delete.

BIG shout out to the snowed in dude up in Ohio for all the help. :beer:

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
I'll add for reference's sake that I have 4.56's and long tubes.

4.56's really are the way to go guys, I drive the thing 295 mph's for hours on end to go visit people and I wouldn't want any other gear in there.

Bought it with 3.73's, switched to 4.10's 2 years later and now 4.56's as of about a month ago.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
very nice color, dont know that I would have sprayed the mirrors though, just me....

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
very nice color, dont know that I would have sprayed the mirrors though, just me....
Most everyone is 50/50 on painted mirrors. I'd like to paint the top AND the mirrors gloss black, don't think I've ever seen that done before. They just paint the top shiny black and leave the mirrors the factory "flat" black.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
That WMS inlet still treating you good? Glad to see you're putting it to good use!

Everything looks great!

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
Most everyone is 50/50 on painted mirrors. I'd like to paint the top AND the mirrors gloss black, don't think I've ever seen that done before. They just paint the top shiny black and leave the mirrors the factory "flat" black.

that sounds good, I like the split at the top of the door

101blur

Established Member
looks good I have just removed my valve cover for powder coating man its a bitch.. smae here on the carbon build up... LOL

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Looks great! Hopefully soon I'll have my shortrunner. We'll see. Congrats

Users who are viewing this thread