Took the Cobra to the top of the world

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
Took the Cobra to the top of the world (Pics)

Here are some shots of our little roadie thru Colorado from Abq up to Steamboat Springs for the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup. Took the terminator up to 12,000 feet a couple times, including Independence Pass. Had a great weekend as usual, and was even able to nab an award in the 99-04 Cobra Convertible class.

Included a pic of my favorite car there, a 2000 Cobra R from Arizona with a turbo on it the size of a small watermelon.

The PoPo was well hidden (dang those bikes!) and was cool and let me off with a warning. FF plates FTW. 17 years and not 1 ticket.

There was a bicycle race going up Independence Pass when we went up, thats why you see all the random stuff up there. Those dudes are straight-up crazy riding that!

IMG_1028.gif

IMG_1035.gif

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1052.gif

IMG_1063.gif

IMG_1070.gif

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1302.gif

IMG_1305.gif

IMG_1328.gif

IMG_1342.jpg

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Really cool location,we have nothing even close to that here.The highest thing around here is a speed bump,lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pretty cool. Glad you didn't get a ticket. LOL!

That was a really nice Cobra R. First turbo R I've heard of.

By the way, did you car operate/perform any differently at those high altitudes?

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
What did you do to get pulled?

I was doing 80 in a 55, and not because I was trying to, I was just not paying attention to what was posted vs. my speed.

Pretty cool. Glad you didn't get a ticket. LOL!

That was a really nice Cobra R. First turbo R I've heard of.

By the way, did you car operate/perform any differently at those high altitudes?

Ya Bob, that was the first 2000 R with a hairdryer on it I had ever seen also. He had a dyno sheet on his windshield saying 738. My car didn't feel any different at all, no matter what elevation I was at. It definately wasn't wheezing through the mountains, it felt strong the whole way.

Users who are viewing this thread