Took the cobra to the track

ChromeCobra

Established Member
Finally was able to get some time to make it out to the track again with the cobra. Was a great night all around, not many cars and nice weather. Im running MT 28x11.5x16 ET streets on the back with the IRS. Im not really liking the tire but its the only thing I can get on the 16" rim...Im going to head back and take the MT 28x10.5x15 slick off of my brothers 88' coupe and see if the car picks up. I think the tires are a little to small for the car, if I apply anymore power out of the gate then these runs it spins hard. Sorry about the crappy quality but all I had for camera that night was my digital camera, Ill post up the time slips later when I get them out of the car which is still inside the trailer. Let me know what you think

10.26@137 with a 1.58 60'
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X3N-rCwJns]YouTube - Whipple Cobra 10.26 @ 137[/ame]

10.25@137 with a 1.59 60'
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOl5noeLiYs]YouTube - whipple cobra 10.25 @ 137[/ame]

ChromeCobra

Established Member
Nice times,

Why not go with a Hoosier 28x10x16 Slick?

I honestly didnt even see those tires when I was looking..I searched just about every company but I guess I missed those. Thanks, Im gonna go ahead and get those and try again. I think that slick will work 10x better then the et streets Im running now

ChromeCobra

Established Member
WOW! Nice traps dude. Whats all done to the car?

The car went 139 on a 10.38 pass that night also. Car is bone stock motor with a 2.3L whipple, 21psi and 21*s timing with vp 109 unleaded fuel, steeda intake, stainless works 1 5/8" long tubes and stainless works 3" o/r x-pipe and 3" exhaust, 4.10grs, 26spline input shaft and IRS with level 5 halfshafts. Car is full weight plus some from the 6point chomemoly cage

Users who are viewing this thread