Top Gear USA

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
It's official guys. Looks like History Channel picked up the series and they have a new sneak peek for the show. I personally think it's gonna suck. The chemistry with the hosts didn't seem to be there. But I do like that they'll be using more American cars we're familiar with for challenges and things compared to the original Top Gear where they have Peugot's, Renault's, etc.

[youtube_browser]pzBcQ93e6Ns[/youtube_browser]

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I do love Top Gear, but like you said, i can care less about an alfa romeo or a citroen. so this version my not have the carisma of Hammond, Clarkson, and May but at least they'll go over more cars we are familiar with. Let's hope the sponsors don't lobby the producers to be biased toward lesser cars. ""Cough, car & driver, Cough**

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
i dont know about this.....yeah they may be using more American cars but Hammond, May and Clarkson are the reason i watch top gear. they are funny. cars are all the same on TV, but i want to enjoy the show. lol. thats why i hate fifth gear.

also America does have alot of choices as far as "supercars"

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i thought adam corrolla was going to be a host? :shrug:

who are these two guys, with Tanner Foust. tanner is a cool guy (in person) and is a good host. adam would be good because he's not afraid to say stupid stuff.

we'd still have Top Gear UK via bbc and the internet so why not have a US spec version :shrug: im all for it!

i just hope they dont hollywoodize and/or corporatize it with promos etc... its great how the UK version host's, mostly JC, bashes certain brands and cars. not sure if they'd be willing to do that here. i dont see tanner doing any kind of bashing on any brands. hopefully one of the other 2 guys will...

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
i thought adam corrolla was going to be a host? :shrug:

who are these two guys, with Tanner Foust. tanner is a cool guy (in person) and is a good host. adam would be good because he's not afraid to say stupid stuff.

we'd still have Top Gear UK via bbc and the internet so why not have a US spec version :shrug: im all for it!

i just hope they dont hollywoodize and/or corporatize it with promos etc... its great how the UK version host's, mostly JC, bashes certain brands and cars. not sure if they'd be willing to do that here. i dont see tanner doing any kind of bashing on any brands. hopefully one of the other 2 guys will...

thats what i am afraid of. they will be like most american shows and do nothing but be a bunch of kiss ass's. sucking up to everything and not being honest if the car sucks ass

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I was hoping for Jay Leno (alot like Clarkson), Tim Allen and Adam Corolla as the lineup.

Tanner Foust and who the hell else will be eh.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
thats what i am afraid of. they will be like most american shows and do nothing but be a bunch of kiss ass's. sucking up to everything and not being honest if the car sucks ass

I was hoping for Jay Leno (alot like Clarkson)

jay leno is a lot like clarkson? :??: jay would never say anything bad about a car or company. not that i dont like him. i really do, i just dont think he's like clarkson at all. jay would fit the quote up above though. if someone else said something, he'd just kind of giggle and go to a commercial or something..

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Only way to make it look worse is to stick that douche Matt Farah in it. :lol:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
jay leno is a lot like clarkson? :??: jay would never say anything bad about a car or company. not that i dont like him. i really do, i just dont think he's like clarkson at all. jay would fit the quote up above though. if someone else said something, he'd just kind of giggle and go to a commercial or something..

Leno shits on companies all the time. And hell, owning cars from all over the world should put him in a better understanding than Clarkson of all types of vehicles. Hell, even Clarkson looks up to Leno.

Unlike Clarkson, who only shits on American car companies.

Theres more to Leno than just his monologues and Late Night.

I meant Leno would be more like Clarkson in coming up with the "out of the box" thinking for challenges. I think that would be the best part with my 3 candidates. Corolla is really laid back, Allen is really gung-ho and Leno would have the crazy "wtf why would you bring that to this challenge?" moments.

Graves

Established Member
I'm looking forward to it. It's about time. I just don't think it will be as good as the original.

RYU583

HADOOOUKENNN
Established Member
WOW!....epic Fail:(

Even the trailer which is supposed to hype you up...has put me to sleep:sleeping:
*tisk tisk*:nonono:

I say Foust, Leno, and Allen would have done GREAT!:thumbsup:

I also agree that I watch Top Gear for the immense entertainment the 3 hosts bring to the table....all other shows seem dull in comparison =...incuding fifth gear, top gear AU, Smoking Tire and so on

Bullitt4859

Established Member
Ill reserve my input until I watch a couple episodes. But if they take the comedic style from Hammond, May and Clarkson then it shouldnt be that bad

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
I think one of the reasons why top gear is so successful is the way its shot and edited. they really make it look quite well done which is what i think sets them apart. and for the love of god, i can only hope adam corolla is not the host. he may have decent commentary, but his nasally whiney voice is extremely annoying.

Last edited:

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
I say Foust, Leno, and Allen would have done GREAT!:thumbsup:

That would be a great choice of hosts! But like others mentioned, Leno probably wouldn't really say the car is crap like Clarkson, May, or Hammond would. If they couldn't get Leno, I think Jerry Seinfeld would have been another good choice. He's got a huge collection of Porsche and he would bring the comedic element to the show.

Foust, Allen, and Seinfeld would be my ideal cast for Top Gear USA. It's too bad we're stuck with some guy they pulled off a NYC corner and Kevin Smith...

broncobob

Established Member
I think one of the reasons why top gear is so successful is the way its shot and edited. they really make it look quite well done which is what i think sets them apart. and for the love of god, i can only hope adam corolla is not the host. he may have decent commentary, but his nasally whiney voice is extremely annoying.

You are spot on with the editing, this is trash compared.

I like Adam tho, I can see your point on the easily recognizable voice, I don't think it's as bad as you make it sound though. I miss his radio show, bunch of crap now that replaced him. :nonono::nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread