Top Gear

ifinditundrgrnd

Established Member
I'm 100% confident this is a repost. But it was new to me when I found it online tonight, and I'm sure it will be new to others.
Top Gear Tests the GT500 and a Rousch Mustang, great shots of an original Bullitt as well.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O46E0gCF5os"]YouTube - Mustang GT500 car review - Top Gear - BBC[/ame]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
.....hard!

LOL! Yeah, that is a cool vid. Even if it is a repost. :)

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Top Gear is great as long as they are reviewing non-American cars. When it comes to our cars all they do is bash and or give false or very misleading information.

Supernova

Established Member
Top Gear is great as long as they are reviewing non-American cars. When it comes to our cars all they do is bash and or give false or very misleading information.

Yeah, if you were an average Joe and didn't know how a dyno worked, the part about the hp of the GT500 would be very misleading.

They've had good things to say about some of the Vettes, though. Yeah, they talk about how horrible the interiors are, but let's be honest--they ARE horrible! :) Love the show, however...

mcaligiuri

Established Member
repost, hate that they dis the solid rear. its as american as apple pie.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Yeah, if you were an average Joe and didn't know how a dyno worked, the part about the hp of the GT500 would be very misleading.

They've had good things to say about some of the Vettes, though. Yeah, they talk about how horrible the interiors are, but let's be honest--they ARE horrible! :) Love the show, however...

The only Vette I've heard him say anything really good about is the ZR1.....he said the only thing th Z06 was good for was the track. He absolutely destroyed the Viper and Lightning in his review. My favorite was when he did a comparo between a Lotus and a S197 GT- talk about apples to Oranges.

I guess the thing that drives me nuts about him and most Euro's I know is they think their cars are infallible and our cars are nothing but junk. Having grown up with Euro cars and having owned quite a few I can honestly say there are MANY American cars that are superior to comparably priced Euro's (minus the cheap interior in the Vette of course!! LOL) - especially when you start talking about maintenance and cost of ownership.

F8tlByte

colorchngnSVT
Established Member
I hate watching that vid. Those guys are so f***ing dumb its not even funny. Figure out how a dyno works toolbag

94venomV8

Established Member
I like how he said "you cant give a car that much power and no suspension or brakes over the base model". Yeah do some research the shelby has way better brakes then stock, the suspension is better as well, however the weight of the car makes it feel worse then it really is. Pretty sad that they review a car and then dont even do research on it. And the statement about "GT500 ALMOST" yeah that was flywheel rated horsepower you idiot what do you expect 0% drivetrain loss.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
They know full well how a dyno works- Jeremy is a car guy and can drive his ass off. It's just another excuse to bash American cars....same with him bashing the brakes, suspension etc.

Here is a great example of his "love" for American cars:
[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Dodge-Viper-SRT10-Top-and_174190.htm]Dodge Viper SRT10 Top Gear Road Test and Review - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
GT390? Hmm, I had a 67 GT with a 390, so that must mean I had a fabled GT390. Must have forgotten about the GT350 and original GT500.

snake134

top gear has gotten better at judging better at american cars. hammond love the challenger and jermey owns a ford gt

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
top gear has gotten better at judging better at american cars. hammond love the challenger and jermey owns a ford gt

You should hear the episode where they totally rip it because his alarm malfunctioned. He only has a FGT because he can afford an extra toy- not because he thinks its a better car. He has a stable full of Euro cars.

But to each their own- I just wish they'd show a little objectivity instead of being complete fanbois.

Users who are viewing this thread