top speed so far

99arboC

Established Member
This is a 1st I heard of other than V6 cars about driveshafts issues at high speeds. I have had my GT maxed out on the autobahn for along periods with out issue. My car speed limiter shuts me down at 148 MPH, but waiting on a tune and then we will see what it can do.

Voltwings

Established Member
I had a recent weekend at Texas World Speedway with 5, 30 minute sessions, each day with a little over 2 minutes each lap so i hit the straight quite often. If i was comfortable in my braking zone i would hit 150-155... if i wasnt i would shut it down around 145 lol, but luckily no driveshaft issues. 3.31 Gear FTW haha i was even short shifting around 6700 to keep the heat down and not blow my stock GT motor -_- it may have been just fine, but i didnt feel like spinning it to 7500-8000 for laps on end.

Stock driveshaft. They may very well blow up, and mine could have very well been close, but it didnt so take that for what its worth.

Steveespo

Established Member
152 at Pocono on the Long Pond Straight. 3.55 gears and 26.76" tall Michelin Pilot Super Sports. GPS/Traqmate verified. Speedo read over 160 don't believe it.
Steve

PS See Avatar at left, that was when it happened.:coolman:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread