Tore up my driveshaft...

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
Went to the track on Sat. night, I made one all-motor pass then changed a few settings after reviewing the data log. Went for my second pass, wheel hopped and as soon as I let off the throttle I hear it...
DSCN1784.jpg

Well, I've got a 5" Aluminum D/S on the way, but other than a D/S loop what traction bars would you guys recommend for my lowered L. Here is a couple pics so you can see how low I'm talking about:

DSCN17861.jpg

and another:
DSCN17851.jpg

OH-MAN

Established Member
Any traction bars are better than none.
I would say you were lucky with it breaking where it did.
PM me if you are in need of a loop.
I have a couple.

RedBeast01

Established Member
I broke the aluminum drive shaft the same way u broke ur steel one. So I went to the 3" inch steel and it seems to be doing fine. But i still have real bad wheel hop. Is there anything that stops it??

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
RedBeast01 said:
I broke the aluminum drive shaft the same way u broke ur steel one. So I went to the 3" inch steel and it seems to be doing fine. But i still have real bad wheel hop. Is there anything that stops it??
Traction Bars.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Great to meet you on Sat. I closed my eyes when I heard the bang. JLP will work great. I have metco trac links and they don't work with bassani exhaust. JLP or LFP for the money.

BTW my truck got dynoed on Sunday at 501/588 maxing out the MAF, 10 degrees of timing and 14lbs of boost. Next time I will have my truck out.

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
SVT_Gixxer1000 said:
What would the size be of the drive shaft of my 03 Lightning, Stock?. I do know it is aluminum
5" aluminum 01-04
3" steel 99-00 (as far as I know)

1blacksvt- SWEET looking truck dude! love the wheels! lol:thumbsup:

Adam99L

Established Member
Whats up man. I saw your trucks out there and I talked to George, dont think I met you though. Sucks what happened to your and Georges trucks but like the others said some traction bars will definetly help out. :thumbsup:

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
Adam99L said:
Whats up man. I saw your trucks out there and I talked to George, dont think I met you though. Sucks what happened to your and Georges trucks but like the others said some traction bars will definetly help out. :thumbsup:
Aghh, Oh well....come back stronger next time. I just bought a set of A.R. 16's with Hoosier slicks. Next on my list before I go back to the track is a d.s. loop and traction bars for sure (leaning toward the JLP's for function/ground clearance) Yeah, i don't think we met... I brought the g/f, so of course I had to keep her entertained and not talk "performance blah blah all night" in her words:p where 'bouts you live in Tampa?
-Joshua

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread