Tork Tech 02 GT VS. 2010+ Camaro SS

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
Was cruising around the city this afternoon, come up on a set of lights and a newer 2010+ Camaro SS in in the pole position with me right behind. I see him look in the rear view and know its on...:D he gives her a little bit off the light and I wind it out through 1st and come up beside him in the next lane over I'm now in the sweet spot of second about 3000RPM. 3 honks we off and I'm edging on him by about half a car throw into 3rd and pull a bit more on him say about a full car. I think we were up about 95-100 mph at that point. I left off as the fast approaching lights are turning red. This is perfect as I want to see what his car can do from a dig and also see if I can start off without spinning to much. His car was an auto with exhaust, some kind of tune and CAI.... We had a short minute to talk through open windows, he never asked what the whine under my hood was:lol1: He told me that my car was very surprising yada yada... Off the green I'm careful not to spin but it all happened so fast and ended up spinning into second and we were even. After finally hooking at the top of second, maybe me out on him by a half a car I'm into 3rd and I'm pulling away at that point, as soon as we come up over a small hill I see cherrys everywhere and shut it down (there was an accident other side of freeway). We trade thumbs up and go on our way. good races, me winning both:banana:. I like racing guys with American cars they know what the hell is up. unlike most, but not all import drivers....

cinch1985

Established Member
Your numbers seem kinda low for a tork teck kit. I was making 430 on 5 pounds with cams and long tubes. I never had a problem with those pig ss's even when I was Na. They just weigh way too much. Good kill

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
Previous owner/builder had a few runs down the track and traction was an issue. He trapped a high of 121. Yes HP/TQ numbers are low for FI, only at 8PSI, the Mustang dyno, plus being 3300ft above sea level with very thin air contribute greatly to this. Car has a very safe tune. Has more in it by why risk more than I have too....it's a DD for me.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Previous owner/builder had a few runs down the track and traction was an issue. He trapped a high of 121. Yes HP/TQ numbers are low for FI, only at 8PSI, the Mustang dyno, plus being 3300ft above sea level with very thin air contribute greatly to this. Car has a very safe tune. Has more in it by why risk more than I have too....it's a DD for me.

Pretty good trap for the power your car makes.

germeezy1

Established Member
Can you tell me more about the 121 mph pass? That is all kinds of mph for your rwhp. Good kill, and it sounds like you showed him the way of the Mustang.

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
Can you tell me more about the 121 mph pass? That is all kinds of mph for your rwhp. Good kill, and it sounds like you showed him the way of the Mustang.
I wasn't the driver as the previous owner had it at the track a few years back. Car feels much stronger than the numbers it puts out on the dyno, I cannot provide any factual evidence like a timeslip. I had no reason to doubt him and he really did not seem like a BS'er
(He told me this after I bought the car as we were at the same car show a few months ago). I've raced a few different cars from a roll, mostly turbo imports and they are all in the mid-low 12's, high 11's and I'm right with them. I do think the car gets the power to the ground very well.
IDK what else to say... :shrug:

germeezy1

Established Member
I wasn't the driver as the previous owner had it at the track a few years back. Car feels much stronger than the numbers it puts out on the dyno, I cannot provide any factual evidence like a timeslip. I had no reason to doubt him and he really did not seem like a BS'er
(He told me this after I bought the car as we were at the same car show a few months ago). I've raced a few different cars from a roll, mostly turbo imports and they are all in the mid-low 12's, high 11's and I'm right with them. I do think the car gets the power to the ground very well.

121 mph is good for mid to low 11's with enough hook, and good track conditions. Typically cars with your same mods trap closer to 112 mph than they do to 121 mph. Not to rain on your parade but you would easily pull more than one car length on an L99 Auto Camaro which traps 105-106 mph when well driven. Good kill , and again I don't want to derail your thread just throwing some information out there.

Smoked03

Established Member
I trapped 119 on my old setup and put bus lengths on the new camaro SS from a 40 roll, he even took off first. After I hit around 110-120 I could barely see him in my rearview. Either way great kill! I don't know why these guys think their cars are fast bone stock :??:

D2Fresh16

Established Member
Hell yeah! Glad to see another Tork Tech GT out there.. I ran an 11.80 on the stock 3.65 Cobra pulley.

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
Hell yeah! Glad to see another Tork Tech GT out there.. I ran an 11.80 on the stock 3.65 Cobra pulley.
nice!! Sadly the local track shuttered the doors and called it a day last fall. I'd have to drive 3 hrs each way to get a run down the 1/4. Very happy with my setup.

JesseSVTJames

Established Member

I have seen the car and it moves out a lot better than the hp states. I'd like to see it on a dyno myself. Just to see the numbers. Beautiful car and good kill. Quit picking on those bow ties Corey.

Users who are viewing this thread