Torque boxes, best, worst, upgrades. What do you have/reccomend??

dart454twinturb

Established Member
Shooting for around 1100 hp at the rear wheels. What have you guys done to reinforce this area. I was looking at a kit from wild rides race parts. They completely replace the factory ones with thicker sheet metal ones. Here is a pic. What else would you guys recommend??

Main-Pic-S-Box-Combo-Pac-298x222.jpg

03' White Snake

Established Member
I believe the brand my buddy put in his car was Wolf Race Craft or something like that. He also did their through the floor subframes.

Soon I will be installing my Hans Race Craft subframe connectors, and they have a plate that goes on at the torque box that will help. I do not have this on yet.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I bought a set of Battle Boxes they were so awful they would have weakened the torque just cutting-up the sheet metal to get them installed. They went into the dumpster.

I made torque box inserts made out of .060 thk. chromolly sheet metal which makes it a double wall structure.

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
I bought a set of Battle Boxes they were so awful they would have weakened the torque just cutting-up the sheet metal to get them installed. They went into the dumpster.

I made torque box inserts made out of .060 thk. chromolly sheet metal which makes it a double wall structure.

Did mine the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread