Torque plate a/b dyno results

ecoastkid

Established Member
davedyno.sized.jpg

bigger is here = http://www.codyace.com/albums/MidplateDynoTest-BacktoBack/davedyno.jpg

Blue = No torque plate
Red = With torque plate

IMG_9990.sized.jpg

bigger is here = http://www.codyace.com/albums/MidplateDynoTest-BacktoBack/IMG_9990.jpg

IMG_9989.sized.jpg

bigger is here = http://www.codyace.com/albums/MidplateDynoTest-BacktoBack/IMG_9989.jpg

I did the test with three other L owner / site members present (and a bunch of other guys as well) so there isnt any trickery or odd motives here. They can list their names if they want

(Numbers from memory here..lol...so I might be off by a couple but you will see why it doesnt even matter when I post the graph)

Test one (Stock smoothed midplate): 466whp 540wtq

Test two (Stock smoothed midplate with torque plate installed): 466whp 540wtq

(My previous numbers on the same dyno were 485/567. that was when it was sitting for a few hours...plus it was colder outside...Shows how much dyno numbers can change. This is preciesly why I did the pulls with the truck warmed up. I wasn't interesting in bragging numbers, I wanted the most accurate test I could do)

The truck was dyno'ed about 1 1/2 hours apart, and the truck was warmed up. ZERO Tune changes. Temp and humidity were wiith in 1 degree/% of each other. Same truck, same stage 4 ported supercharger, same pulleys. A/f stayed the same......I could go on and on..lol

When you see this graph, each pull almost perfectly overlays the other. In fact I lost a tiny bit of power after the peaks but way up top...

The verdict IMHO... Not worth doing.

Had the graph changed anywhere along the sweep, I'd say maybe it needs some tuning changes to take advantage of it. Since there were no changes, My assumption is the the air flow characteristics havent changed either.

Last edited:

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
I was there. The torque plate is B/S and a big waste of money. I wanted to this while i had my truck apart this winter but that $125-$150 is just basically throwing it away. Daves dyno numbers before and after were pretty much Identical throughout the power band. Dont waste your money guys.

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
Thought that "mod" looked suspicious when it was introduced.:read: Real world results from independant testers are welcome. We all learn what to spend on and what to pass up.

Jim

Rook

Established Member
i didnt think they claimed anything but more throttle response. its not like it is sealed any how its just a plate. i guess every mod works together. how much boost where your running. kinda like the sb throttle bodies.

ecoastkid

Established Member
i didnt think they claimed anything but more throttle response. its not like it is sealed any how its just a plate. i guess every mod works together. how much boost where your running. kinda like the sb throttle bodies.

9:1 built motor
Heavily ported heads
10# lower
Crower Stage 2 high lift cams
Ported intake and TB

The claim I have read was 25 found pound increase.

I have a stage 4 blower (The only dif between that and the stage 5 is the mid plate) so I have the pieces that are supposed to work together.

If this mod changed the airflow at all, my dyno pulls would not have laid over each other perfectly. I dont think what is placed in front or back of it would matter.

Last edited:

RedFox

Established Member
If you couldn't make this work with a 10lb lower, then this BS plate doesn't work. Period!!!!

Thanks for posting.:thumbsup:

Rook

Established Member
9:1 built motor
Heavily ported heads
10# lower
Crower Stage 2 high lift cams
Ported intake and TB

The claim I have read was 25 found pound increase.

I have a stage 4 blower (The only dif between that and the stage 5 is the mid plate) so I have the pieces that are supposed to work together.

If this mod changed the airflow at all, my dyno pulls would not have laid over each other perfectly. I dont think what is placed in front or back of it would matter.
i guess you didnt look at my mod list. i have ran the stage 5 and now i bought a whipple and gave my midplate to zack attack. we could tell a difference on throttle response on his truck. we didnt dyno it because its wont mess with the tune.

DSC00560.jpg

DSC00561.jpg

ecoastkid

Established Member
i guess you didnt look at my mod list. i have ran the stage 5 and now i bought a whipple and gave my midplate to zack attack. we could tell a difference on throttle response on his truck. we didnt dyno it because its wont mess with the tune.

Seat of the pants dyno can be a tricky thing. Lots of people think cat back exhausts feel so much better because their cars are louder.

Maybe it worked for you guys, but i'm certain that better power would have showed on the dyno...as it is claimed here.

LIGHTNING GRAPHS BEFORE AND AFTER - Supercharger Q&A, Moderated by Dyno Bob

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
I hate to sound like a noob here, but I'm seriously starting to wonder if porting ANYTHING is worth it. I saw Sean's numbers from the night you guys were there, he has a 6 lb lower stock blower, I had 6 lb lower PB. I made 2 more HP than him but he made 20 more ft lb of tq. Plus his track times were a few tenths better than my truck on DRs and T bars... he only used my DRs for his 12.5 run... Something just doesnt seem right, IDK, I just feel like I wasted money on my PB, I could've probably run the same times on a stock Eaton... no looking back now. Thanks for the info on this subject Dave.

codyace

Throttle response 9/10 times is a figment of owners imagination. With such identical curves, it's hard to imagine that if we did the run over 'time' that we'd see much of a difference either.

Rook

Established Member
Throttle response 9/10 times is a figment of owners imagination. With such identical curves, it's hard to imagine that if we did the run over 'time' that we'd see much of a difference either.

i was basically agreeing with you. figment of my imagination is me and britney spears. kinda like everybody wishing they had a 10 sec truck. i hope yall keep testing all the mods you could save people alot of money.

dynobobstieg

davedyno.sized.jpg

bigger is here = http://www.codyace.com/albums/MidplateDynoTest-BacktoBack/davedyno.jpg

Blue = No torque plate
Red = With torque plate

IMG_9990.sized.jpg

bigger is here = http://www.codyace.com/albums/MidplateDynoTest-BacktoBack/IMG_9990.jpg

IMG_9989.sized.jpg

bigger is here = http://www.codyace.com/albums/MidplateDynoTest-BacktoBack/IMG_9989.jpg

I did the test with three other L owner / site members present (and a bunch of other guys as well) so there isnt any trickery or odd motives here. They can list their names if they want

(Numbers from memory here..lol...so I might be off by a couple but you will see why it doesnt even matter when I post the graph)

Test one (Stock smoothed midplate): 466whp 540wtq

Test two (Stock smoothed midplate with torque plate installed): 466whp 540wtq

(My previous numbers on the same dyno were 485/567. that was when it was sitting for a few hours...plus it was colder outside...Shows how much dyno numbers can change. This is preciesly why I did the pulls with the truck warmed up. I wasn't interesting in bragging numbers, I wanted the most accurate test I could do)

The truck was dyno'ed about 1 1/2 hours apart, and the truck was warmed up. ZERO Tune changes. Temp and humidity were wiith in 1 degree/% of each other. Same truck, same stage 4 ported supercharger, same pulleys. A/f stayed the same......I could go on and on..lol

When you see this graph, each pull almost perfectly overlays the other. In fact I lost a tiny bit of power after the peaks but way up top...

The verdict IMHO... Not worth doing.

Had the graph changed anywhere along the sweep, I'd say maybe it needs some tuning changes to take advantage of it. Since there were no changes, My assumption is the the air flow characteristics havent changed either.

This is not a Stiegemeier TQ plate so do not be stating or implying that it is.
Our testing is correct on OUR products.
Stiegemeier

ecoastkid

Established Member
This is not a Stiegemeier TQ plate so do not be stating or implying that it is.
Our testing is correct on OUR products.
Stiegemeier

I didn't say or imply it was your product. If fact it was made by a local machine shop.

People can draw their own conclusions from the data provided.

Users who are viewing this thread