torque...plugs w anti-sieze

mikeb82992

Established Member
I go an 00...used A/S on threads when I put my NGKs...going to check tomorrow tightness...has a few runs since summer...not planning on pulling plugs...just checking tightness....what torque has had good luck...dont want to pop a plug or screw up a head thread...never had a problem but never used A/S before....old set of plugs had corrosion when I pulled them...ran them in and out a couple of times each when I installed new plugs...worried because I have the 4 thread heads...yeah I know this is old stuff to some....heard some loosened after new plugs installed w/A/S....give me a ballpark torque and I will be happy...thanx...PS new heads coming just need something for now...

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
12-14 foot pounds? You can probably "feel" your way to that number without a torque wrench if you have enough finess. When you add extensions, etc. etc. that number on the torque wrench is a little off to what's really being applied.

Edit: However the word "finess" is correctly spelled

Last edited:

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
heard a few people go as high as 15ft.lbs thats what im going to do next since at 13 i have had plugs still come loose. make sure your motor is DEAD COLD. the heat soffens the aluminum too much and will allow it to strech more.

Users who are viewing this thread