Total eclipse this coming Monday, April 8.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Over.
Kind of like fast forwarding a video of dusk to dawn.
It seemed to get darker much more slowly than it did getting lighter though.
All the insects started chirping when it got dark and now they've stopped. A four minute song they sang.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Zoomed in…
FB_IMG_1712603018776.jpeg

96dreamer

Established Member
I was in the path of totality for 17 and assumed being ~98% this year would be 98% the same. Boy was I disappointed. Should have taken the day to drive a few hours south. Completely different experience.

If I ever have the opportunity to see 100% again I'm making the trip.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I was in the path of totality for 17 and assumed being ~98% this year would be 98% the same. Boy was I disappointed. Should have taken the day to drive a few hours south. Completely different experience.

If I ever have the opportunity to see 100% again I'm making the trip.
Ha I felt the opposite. I remember 2017 and I had 100%. This year was 97% and it was cool but I wouldn’t drive for 100%. It was different but it was cool enough from my backyard.

96dreamer

Established Member
Ha I felt the opposite. I remember 2017 and I had 100%. This year was 97% and it was cool but I wouldn’t drive for 100%. It was different but it was cool enough from my backyard.
Don't get me wrong it was still very cool to experience. My sister was about 2 hours south at a family friends farm today and the pictures/videos of totality are just not comparable to the real thing. Probably didn't help they were day drinking and riding sxs's all day too.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
2017 we were in Utah, made the drive north 4 hours into Idaho for 100%. Was totally worth it to me, as all of us were together (wife and 2 boys). This time, ninety something percent was very cool, would not have been worth the drive this time. Weather was wonderful in the Boston area. Brought out the fire table (stored for the winter), and sat in our driveway.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
99.8% where I live. Not that big of a deal. No w the roads suck because all of the Chicago creatures are heading home. Be glad when they are gone.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It was mostly overcast but no heavy clouds. Very little darkness change. We were in the 91.6% area. If I didn't know it was an eclipse event, I would have chalked it up as just an overcast afternoon due to high cloud cover. I was hoping for more. I've seen a lot of photos that were taken in the 100% totality path and they were extraordinary. I can understand why some folks traveled to the prime areas.

Users who are viewing this thread