Touch UP paint??

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
No one to my knowledge. I was bowling left and went to the gas station and looked at my truck and was like WTF!?! And it wasn't like that when I parked it so I know it happened there.

damn... you must've thrown your ball right when the guy next to you was throwing his and you messed up his 300 game.

SmokinCobra420

Kush is good MmmKay!
Established Member
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/index.htm

Bought mine here.....

Touch up paint, clear coat, and primer about $25.00........got rid of the chips! Looks good......I washed chipped area with soap and water first.....instructions come included.

the only thing about using soap and water is that
a) soap will leave residue
b) water will leave deposits

use rubbing alcohol because it is mineral free, ie no deposits, and it will evaporate, leaving nothing but clean surface area, just dont over do it.

rexisme

Established Member
I got keyed over the summer and don't have the money to have it fixed. If someone has any ideas on how to dull the appearance of it please post your thoughts!
Picture004.jpg

3m makes a wax that has like 1200 grit in it or something. Someone keyed my wrx that was pretty close to that color across the trunk, couldnt see the mark anymore after i used the stuff.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
3m makes a wax that has like 1200 grit in it or something. Someone keyed my wrx that was pretty close to that color across the trunk, couldnt see the mark anymore after i used the stuff.

can you elaborate on "3m makes a wax that has like 1200 grit in it or something."? i have a few scratches i want to rid and i'd like to know more about this product you are suggesting.

Silverboost

Established Member
if it is not scratched to deeply in the paint you should be able to buff it out. You will need to polish that is a heavy rubbing compond on a high speed buffer. You might be better off taking it to a professional to see if they can buff it out. If you are not careful with a high speed buffer you can burn right through the paint.

zippy

Established Member
I got keyed over the summer and don't have the money to have it fixed. If someone has any ideas on how to dull the appearance of it please post your thoughts!
Picture004.jpg

It looks like a lot of that would lighten, or come out with wet sanding, and then then buffing. After that, use a little touch-up if needed on what's left. If you don't have the experience, bring it to a professional who is comfortable w/ wet sanding.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
looks like its too deep to be buffed out. Its scratched all the way down to the primer. You could find some touch up paint like you said and fill it, then buff. It wont turn out perfect but it should look ALOT better.

silverstang23

Established Member
put the touch-up paint on with the brush it comes with. Make sure to put on extra. Then use a buffer and buff the wet paint like wax. Wait for it to dry and do the same with the clear coat. That will remove key-marks and any other scratches

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
Picture004.jpg

GS-27 scratch remover works well. I had a good scratch on my blue (same color as you) ford ranger and it took the appearance of the scratch right out. It doesn't take the rough gouge out or fill it in. The white streaking you see in your pic is going to vanish. The only paint that I found it doesnt work well on is RED for some reason. Its worked great on blue and black. I haven't tested it on other colors yet though. Google it to get some.

jpk

Established Member
For rock chips and the like, I recommend Langka in combination with your Ford touch up paint and a #0 or #00 paint brush from a local arts and crafts store.

For long thin scratches, my personal experience is that a body shop will give you the best fix. They can do a colorsand and get a much better result than touch up paint and hand polishing. I've tried to get good results with touch-up and with buffing and polishing, but it never got the same result as the body shop.

RedDakRT

Gone but not forgotten...
Established Member
Is there anyone in the St. Louis, MO area that does detailing or scratch repair that would want to tackle my truck this spirng?

Users who are viewing this thread