Tough Question (help)

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Ok guys heres my question: I have this bud who is a 50 year old Machinest (did it his whole life) If i give him my Stock Throttle Body, to bore out to 65mm, will i have to change anything else? Isnt there a flap inside the TB? (would i have to get a bigger flap? Sorry when i say flap, i guess i mean a butterfly... Would i have to get a new gasket? Any advice, or opinion will help me greatly. (trying to save from buying a $300.00 65mm TB) And would a TB spacer also help my performance? Sorry for all the questions, but this seems like the best place to ask (i always get somewhat of an answer) Thnx :??:

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

HTPerformance

SVT Salvage does this service for $115. Making the stock Stage2 TB to 65mm.

www.svtsalvage.com check Focusfanatics.com or Focaljet.com for more info.

As for a TB Spacer, you will not see much if any benefit. These are generally done on metallic TB's and manifolds. In our case, both are made of plastic type materials, so there is no extra heat transfer to the air by passing thru a plastic body/manifold.

Last edited:

6SpeedLover

Established Member
HTPerformance, do you know whats all involved with the making of the 65mm TB? The reason i ask is because if i can give it to someone close, i will (save on time) its my daily driver...But if you dont know all the specs ill just have to send it out, do you know how long it took to do yours??? BTW thank you for the advice..

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

Primaris

Established Member
Yes, yes and yes. No to the gasket, I think. And, you will need to add material to the outside of the TB so it can be enlarged.

HTPerformance

I have a spare sitting around that I keep meaning to send to them, I haven't had it done yet.

They definitely bore it out, and install a new brass butterfly, but I am not sure what else they do.

-Brian

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
Either send it in and get it ported right or buy a new one, if it was that easy to have it done by any "Joe Machinest" then they wouldn't have services to do it for people.

btw, when i added my FC 65mm TB I was ecstatic with the results, i'd highly reccomend it

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
The plate that SVT salvage uses is aluminum.

It has to be a snug fit to give a proper idle, if it's too tight it will stick and make it hard to drive the car.

If you are going to have your machinist buddy do it make sure you build up the outside of the TB with a good epoxy or JB weld (you'll see where) or you will end up with a couple big holes in your TB.

Last edited:

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Well guys, im gonna take all your advice (which is awesome as usual, thnx again) By the way you guys are talking, my best bet is to send it out. Im gonna try SVTSalvage, but everytime i go onto there site, it doesnt give me any info on the TB, does anyone know how to get to the TB section???

HTPerformance

There isn't a page... just call, they give you the paypal address, and then ship them the TB, or you can probably pay a core charge and have them send you one, and get it refunded when you get your original TB sent to them.

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
HTPerformance said:
There isn't a page... just call, they give you the paypal address, and then ship them the TB, or you can probably pay a core charge and have them send you one, and get it refunded when you get your original TB sent to them.

That is what I did! I ordered a 65mm from svtsalvage for $165. It arrived in the mail, I installed it in 15mins. I put my old one in the box the new one came in, shipped it back! Got a refund on my account of $50. Still can't believe the difference the ported TB makes. It is worth every penny!

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
bobosfocus said:
That is what I did! I ordered a 65mm from svtsalvage for $165. It arrived in the mail, I installed it in 15mins. I put my old one in the box the new one came in, shipped it back! Got a refund on my account of $50. Still can't believe the difference the ported TB makes. It is worth every penny!

Well said, it's like a different car.

I worked on a guys stock '04 SVT a few weeks ago and while his was cooling down I let him drive mine and he couldn't believe the difference.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Thnx again guys, i went to there site and joined. And i sent them an E-Mail on there Ported TB page. Thank You guys (very much) I would be lost with out you guys... And if the dont reply to my E-Mail, i just do what you said HTPerformance.. TY

6SpeedLover

Established Member
HTPerformance, i sent you a PM, hope you get it... I was just wondering how to get in touch with SVT Salvage? Do you have a number? I sent them an E-Mail and no reply yet. I want to get this done and im running in circles... lol (help) I told my wife when i had my ZX3,s, i had no money and mods everywhere, now i have the money and NO mods for my SVT lol

HTPerformance

I got it, it took him a while to get back to me. All I can say is that last I heard this still was his side job, it isn't his main profession. So, things take longer than anticipated to get questions answered. This may have changed, but... I don't know.

I'd just be willing to be patient.

everywhere I see is to email [email protected]

I emailed them and will post info when I get it.

Trying to get an updated price and address to ship to.

Last edited:

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Dominic E-Mailed me and everthing is a go :pepper: :pepper: Soon as my E-Check clears through Pay-Pal, its on its way :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: lol sorry for all the excitement, but thnx alot for the info on the TB man... I sent him $190.00 and when he gets my stock one, hes refunding me $70.00... Awesome deal :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread