Towed from my assigned parking spot - Legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Be prepared they will likely appeal, I had a landlord lose the first case in front of the magistrate, lose in mediation, and lose in the second trial at which point he had no recourse for appeals left. The good thing is it cost them more each time they lost. Gotta watch out for these shady landlords and rental places whom think they can screw everyone over. Good job!

aquill1

Established Member
Good to see it came out in your favor OP.

It's asinine that they would tow a paid parking spot in the first place. That apt manager should be fired for their crookedness.

Make sure you update us.

Once all is said and done I would inform neighbors, blast it on every apartment shopping guide website and anywhere else that you can inform others. May even want to do it for the towing company as well. Perhaps ripoff report and other similar places as well.

BobDoLeSS

99 Camaro SS
Established Member
Thanks! :rockon:
Be prepared they will likely appeal, I had a landlord lose the first case in front of the magistrate, lose in mediation, and lose in the second trial at which point he had no recourse for appeals left. The good thing is it cost them more each time they lost. Gotta watch out for these shady landlords and rental places whom think they can screw everyone over. Good job!

I am fully prepared. All my notes and stuff are waiting for round2. However, he went down so hard and the judge kept going on and on from so many angles on how my 1st argument nuked the shit out of their worthless crap...

I did a lot of research. Part of it was looking into past cases. I have seen losses and no appeals on them. However, I got 3x the amount of the tow + fees, so it is possible the stakes are high enough for them to bring a lawyer.

The only chance they have is to fabricate evidence and I feel like I have that angle covered. In that case, I fully intend to show them who not to F**K with.

I found additional chalk marks on my tires which must have been from not more than a week before the court date. I used to see the tow guy either walking/driving around every day, but I haven't seen him since the court date (I found has a criminal record and did some time in state prison). In case they don't bring his ass to an appeal, I'll be sure to subpoena him :lol1:

Last edited:

s_x_i

Established Member
Glad this worked out for you, I've been following the thread since you posted it.

Tow truck drivers are only good when you break down, the rest of the time you can keep them!

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Threads like these are what make enjoy this site on a completely new level. Good luck with your case, it looks like you're very well prepared & have been level-headed throughout the process.

OldSVTGuy

Established Member
I, too, have been following this and am GLAD that you won!! Our building owner, several years ago, instituted towing illegally parked cars basically with an overnight notification. Every building tenant had to get an ID tag. The unspeakable tow outfit actually had a guy stationed on our third floor with a radio to call in his tow truck, who was roaming in the area, on any unsuspecting building visitor who parked in the wrong spot - there was a bank and other retail businessnes on the 3rd floor. It got REAL ugly, REAL quick. It did not last long but some had to pay some big bucks to get their vehicles out of the tow truck's yard.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
great news. congrats. obviously, watch your car closely for vandalism at this point--no telling what people may resort to

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Hooray OP! :banana:

Keep up the good fight! Hope the rest works out for ya!:beer:

drepka

Established Member
Well the last update was he was waiting to see if they were going to appeal..im interested to know if they just paid up or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread