Towing Boat

Jroc

Established Member
So if I get the TVS Kit you guys would definitely suggest the Hps shock from Hotchkis with it?

Yes or at least one designed to work with it lowered. Many really like to run Strange adjustable rear shocks with it. Me personally I would use the Bilstein HPS shock that it was intended to be used with, but many really like how the Strange shocks work with the kit. QA1's are also popular shocks with L owners.

Last edited:

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
No lowering your truck won't affect towing. I towed over 5000lbs on a 5/7" drop on 23" wheels from Shreveport to Toronto.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
How heavy is the tongue weight? If the tongue weight isn't too bad you won't have any problems with a lowered truck. 4 tire trailers def help distribute the weight.

I towed a lot of different trailers with my lowered L.

This is the big thing to keep in mind. The L has a fairly short wheelbase and can't handle a lot of tongue weight.

Jroc

Established Member
This is the big thing to keep in mind. The L has a fairly short wheelbase and can't handle a lot of tongue weight.

Yeah I think that's what kept Ford from giving it a higher tow rating was for safety reasons as a longer wheel base defiantly is better for controlling a load. Still a L will physically tow 5,000 pretty easily as far as 1/2 ton trucks go, and it uses all the 7700 GVW parts, and a 4R100 out off a Super Duty.

Users who are viewing this thread