Trac Control Button Failure?

K2AHollywood

Established Member
So I have had this ever increasing problem with my traction control button. More often then not I have to push it several times betfore it will shut off. Im wondering in the little unit/button it just wearing out. I know it attaches straight to the harnes behind it and yes I have checked to make sure the connector is tightly in place. So would replacing the actually little button.unit help me out in this situation you think?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Mine doesn't work anymore. BTW, did you change your number? I've been trying to text you!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I was adjusting the height of my shifter, unplugged the TC harness from the back of the switch, reinstalled everything and the TC button/light never worked after that. Tested continuity on the switch and it all tested out good. Took it out for a test drive and TC was very much so still on. Turned it off in the tune and haven't messed with it since.

How much was the new TC button?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Cool deal. I'd like to chat about the starting issue you ran into cause I am still trying to figure mine out.

ttbit

Long Time Mustang Fan
Established Member
I thought my switch was bad as it was never showing as being off. Ended up the bulb was bad. You can get a replacement bulb at Radio Shack, FYI. It could be that your connection is just loose or dirty there.

trxcobra

Established Member
my "off" light doesnt turn on anymore in my car, but if i hit the button i can do burnouts so it still works if the bulb is out!

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Hate to bump the thread, but I had the same issue after I removed my console to install a new shift boot and e-brake boot. The button illuminates with the rest of the interior, it's just the "OFF" text doesn't illuminate after I press the button.

Did most of ya'll pick up a new button (like the one on eBay), or just dissable it with a tuner (I don't have one yet). It's not a big deal as I don't have any immediate plans to track the car, but I don't like to leave things like this unresolved b/c I don't want to forget about it later.

Thanks.

Bite Me

Established Member
I disabled mine even though it worked. If you want mine send me yours and pay me a little bit of cash? My traction control button is my right foot.

bkaul

Established Member
Hate to bump the thread, but I had the same issue after I removed my console to install a new shift boot and e-brake boot. The button illuminates with the rest of the interior, it's just the "OFF" text doesn't illuminate after I press the button.
Interesting. That must've been a common problem early on; my '01 has an LED that lights up, rather than illuminating the "OFF" text with a light bulb.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I turned off TC with my Predator. I always turned TC off manually before it decided to quit working, atleast now the lights not on all the time. I thought it was just the bulb or LED inside but TC wouldn't turn off when I pressed the button. I'll deal with it at a later time when I have time.

Users who are viewing this thread