Track autocross road race chamber setting..?

101blur

Established Member
Just trying to see what you track and autocross guys have your chamber set around.. Last time I went out I left all my settings at what I use on the street to see how it would do, around 1.6 on the chamber.
I have another event I will be attending in a week and was thinking of puitting the chamber around 2.0 does anyone have a suggested chamber setting for these cars that tends to work best..?

chao5.0

Established Member
check the Vorshlag blog on their S197 car, he gave a lot of info regarding the setup he used during auto cross events, I think I read once he was up to 2.5* camber with their CC plates.

86Fbody

Established Member
I feel like 2.5 is a minimum for tracking your car but you could probably run much more depending on the track/course you are at. Think also about your caster and toe for autocross and road courses.

101blur

Established Member
2.5 sounds very aggressive but I look into Vorshlag I want better handling but don't want to burn through my tires super fast

Five.Oh

Established Member
I have my Camber set to - 1 deg on the front wheels. Caster angle is closer to 10 Degree's.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
2.5 sounds very aggressive but I look into Vorshlag I want better handling but don't want to burn through my tires super fast

Do a track only big negative camber setting.
Too much negative camber on the street wipes out the inside edges of your tires rapidly.
Put the street setting and a track setting mark on your camber plates, so you can change them and put them back easily at the track. Then check the toe setting with the track negative camber setting to see how far the toe got moved when you are in the big negative camber track setting. You might not have to mess with your track toe setting depending on how it turns out. My car toes out the more negative camber I dial in.

Tyler72

Established Member
I run 2.8* of camber on the street with no wear issues on the tires. Just gotta make sure the toe is at 0*. I have the MM plates, and the eibach struts are slotted too.

101blur

Established Member
I have my Camber set to - 1 deg on the front wheels. Caster angle is closer to 10 Degree's.

Ok thats good reference

Do a track only big negative camber setting.
Too much negative camber on the street wipes out the inside edges of your tires rapidly.
Put the street setting and a track setting mark on your camber plates, so you can change them and put them back easily at the track. Then check the toe setting with the track negative camber setting to see how far the toe got moved when you are in the big negative camber track setting. You might not have to mess with your track toe setting depending on how it turns out. My car toes out the more negative camber I dial in.

Seems very aggressive but I will give it a try just for track maybe turn it back a little and see.

I run 2.8* of camber on the street with no wear issues on the tires. Just gotta make sure the toe is at 0*. I have the MM plates, and the eibach struts are slotted too.

Wow that seems over kill for street I know the guys at Cortex run a 2.9 on there race car. How long have you been running that chamber on your car I would figure ur inside tire line be toast pretty fast plus the car would pull on every little bump or crack in the road that is on the street i mean

Users who are viewing this thread