Track day prep....?

koffebean00

Established Member
I'm in the process of putting my car back together and upgrading parts. I plan on doing a track day next month with some friends. My suspension in as follows... H&R race springs, stock Bilsteins, and rear diff brace.

Ordering AFS wheels with Toyo R888 all around.

I'm about to buy all new brake stuff: slotted rotors, hawk hps pads, motul brake fluid, and stainless lines. My question is.... what other brake or suspension pieces would you recommend/be needed to do a track day?

Last edited:

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Go over your cooling system and intercooler system. These cars get hot out there and keeping it cool will be your best bet. If this is your first track day, it is actually better to run on stockfish brakes and your basic street tires. This helps you learn better car control. The big breaks and sticky tires will mask any poor driving habits you have. If you have the option to take an instructor with you, do it. They are very helpful and can teach you a lot of things to do and not to do plus help you figure out the lines.

Double check the torque on your rear axle nut. Also double check your lug nut torque when you get to the track. Keep an eye on your tire pressures while you are there. Your tires will get hot and the pressure will increase. Be prepared to put a lot of fuel in your car. You will get the worst gas mileage you have ever seen. Probably around 6-8 mpg. Most of all have a good time. It is a blast!!

koffebean00

Established Member
Go over your cooling system and intercooler system. These cars get hot out there and keeping it cool will be your best bet. If this is your first track day, it is actually better to run on stockfish brakes and your basic street tires. This helps you learn better car control. The big breaks and sticky tires will mask any poor driving habits you have. If you have the option to take an instructor with you, do it. They are very helpful and can teach you a lot of things to do and not to do plus help you figure out the lines.

Double check the torque on your rear axle nut. Also double check your lug nut torque when you get to the track. Keep an eye on your tire pressures while you are there. Your tires will get hot and the pressure will increase. Be prepared to put a lot of fuel in your car. You will get the worst gas mileage you have ever seen. Probably around 6-8 mpg. Most of all have a good time. It is a blast!!

Yea, the cooling system is being upgraded. Afco pro series heat exchanger with dual fans, reische 170 stat, head cooling mod, and a retune. It's also getting some other mods so that's the reason for retune but also to adjust the fans for the stat. Also reason for all the new stuff, when I parked my car a year ago it was time to replace the brakes. Front rotors are cracked in half in 2 different places.... Also when I parked it I sold the wheels n tires off of it. So I figured since I've gotta replace everything just to step things up and upgrade things.

I'm sure the session I'm doing is going to be with an instructor. That's what I'd prefer my 1st time out anyways. Thanks for all the tips and I'll make sure and double check everything you mentioned. :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I'm in the process of putting my car back together and upgrading parts. I plan on doing a track day next month with some friends. My suspension in as follows... H&R race springs, stock Bilsteins, and rear diff brace.

Ordering AFS wheels with Toyo R888 all around.

I'm about to buy all new brake stuff: slotted rotors, hawk hps pads, motul brake fluid, and stainless lines. My question is.... what other brake or suspension pieces would you recommend/be needed to do a track day?

Head over to this fourm:

Open Track Racing - SVTPerformance

for open track info.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread