Track Guys 2009 Event Schedule

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Sorry to hear that Jeff. I was looking forward to it, but I understand.
I'll try and make it when you came back. :thumbsup:

Philcsag1

Established Member
To all those who would still like the opportunity to run at NJMP.

We at Track Guys are sorry to inform you that the event scheduled for New Jersey Motorsport Park/Thunderbolt Raceway on August 1-2, 2009 has been canceled.

To all those who would still like the opportunity to run at NJMP.

There are still openings for the SCMC event there on July 17 & 18 ,2009

Late Registration fee will be waived for all those who were signed up for the Track Guys event.

visit this site:

[ame=http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16585]SCMC Message Forum - SVT Cobra & Shelby GT 500 Nationals Mustang July 17-18, 2009 at NJMP[/ame]

SVT Cobra & Shelby GT 500 Nationals -- July 17-18, 2009 at NJMP
SVT Cobra & Shelby GT 500 Nationals
NJMP Thunderbolt Course -- July 17-18, 2009

Join the SCMC for some on track fun at New Jersey Motorsports Park. The event is our SVT Cobra & Shelby GT 500 Nationals. The event consists of two days of open track with in car instruction available and a Saturday Mustang and Ford Show. This event is open to all Mustangs and Fords!!

The open track portion of this event is a school with in car instruction where you can safely drive your car the way it was built to be driven. This portion of the event is limited to the first 100 paying students/drivers and is open to any make or model.

Please be sure to download both the registration form and the events packet. The registration form is in adobe and you must have Adobe Acrobat in order to download the form. Go to Adobe to download the latest version of adobe reader.

Car show participants will get to take their car on track during lunch for "parade laps". A professional photographer will be available for you to purchase photos of your car on track and in action.

You can pay on line in the store at www.scmcstore.com or mail your entry form to the following address:

SVT Cobra/Shelby GT 500 Nationals
C/O Pat Madigan
295 Summit Road
Abington, MA 02351

Lodging

Wingate Inn -
2196 W Landis Ave
Routes 55 (Exit 32A) and 56
Vineland, NJ 08360

Wingate by Wyndham: How may we help you?

20 rooms reserved at a $105.00
Must mention Cobra Club when making your reservations.
Cutoff date is July 2, 2009

Spectators

There will be a spectator fee of $20.00 or you can enter the car show for $20.00 and waive the spectator fee. This fee is waived if you are a member of one of the following clubs:

SCMC Member

This events packet is mandatory to download prior to the event:

Sponsors Include the following businesses:

Time Out Sportswear
Data Plates Plus

Event Organizers/Registration:

Pat Madigan - Track Registration - Factory Five Type 65 Coupe
Rick McNutt - Track Logistics - 2004 Machine Silver Corvette Z06
Phil Saglimbene - Car Show Registration - 1995 Crystal White SVT Cobra R Coupe

wheelhopper

Established Member
Seriously, where is the OT bailout money? First no Track Guys event, then the Asphalt Ventures cancels. I hope this economy turns around soon.

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
A few of the Boston guys are signing up for the Mosport event. I'm actually coming with a Co-driver for the Miata.

Mosport is going to be interesting in this car. I've said it before, I think I'm taking the passenger seat out and turning it into a breakfast nook, installing a coffee maker and an electric skillet to make flapjacks and coffee. That way I'll have something to do while I'm waiting for the car to get up the back straight.

:)

dragon40k

Established Member
Something like this perhaps

28.jpg

Stanger58

Established Member
Drivers needed!

We are still a "go" for three more events in 2009.

Aug 31 & Sept 1: Mosport International Raceway, Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada, http://www.mosport.com

Sept 12 & 13: Hallett Motor Racing Cirucit, Hallett, OK, Hallett Motor Racing Circuit

Sept 19 & 20: Drive Bluegrass, Sparta, KY (YES, we are being told the track WILL be ready) Drive Bluegrass.com - Home of Bluegrass Motorsports Park

Registration for for these events is open at Track Guys > Upcoming Events - MotorsportReg.com

SVTOA and Team Shelby Members all get a 10% discount, as do active members of the US and Canadian Armed Services.

Get a group of your friends together and come on out... and yes, we still need instructors for all of these events. We are giving away at least one set of Nitto NT-01 tires at each event, a case of Royal Purple oil, Garmin discount cards and more. Also, everyone that runs a Track Guys event in 2009 will be entered into a drawing for a FREE Tremec transmission.

Instructors: if you've instructed for SVTOA or Track Guys previously, you can proceed directly to Track Guys > Upcoming Events - MotorsportReg.com and sign up there. If you've never instructed for us before, drop me an email at [email protected] so I can send you an instructor qualification form.

See you on track! :banana::pepper::dancenana:

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Jeff, you will see a few more COMSCC instructors signing up for Mosport. All of them are very experienced with the track, and are very competent. I'm pushing the event to all NE-SVT members as well as on the Miata boards.. Hopefully those will bear fruit.

See you in 21 days.

Stanger58

Established Member
Sept 12 & 13, Hallett: Mark Bettin Memorial

We at Track Guys are greatly saddened by the loss of Mark Bettin, who passed away in early August from injuries sustained in a bicycling accident. Mark was a long-time Track Guys instructor, serving as an in-car instructor at numerous Texas and Oklahoma-based events. He was a hard worker who loved to share his passion for driving with each and every student he ever worked with, quick to lend a hand to a fellow driver or instructor, and generally helping out wherever he could, most of the time never being asked, just doing it.

To celebrate Mark’s life and his passion for performance driving, the September 12 & 13 Track Guys event at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit will now be run as the Mark Bettin Memorial. We have no doubt that Mark would have been instructing at this event, so, even if he isn’t with us in person, he will most certainly be with us in spirit.

Track Guys will be dedicating the raffle proceeds to Mark’s widow, Lisa; cash gifts will also be accepted. Track Guys will also give any event proceeds above the costs of the event to Lisa. And as a group, we will be doing something special at the track in Mark’s name. Please sign up, tell your friends and come out to Hallett to help us celebrate Mark’s life and passion for “go fast on the track.” :beer:

See you on track!
Jeff Lacina and the entire Track Guys staff

Last edited:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
just heard today that bluegrass event has been canceled. what a disappointment that has been.

Stanger58

Established Member
Dave Hester and gang,

I'm sorry it's been such a drawn-out affair regarding Bluegrass, but as Dell mentioned, it's difficult to put on an event then the track won't be ready in time. All of us wanted to end the year with a trip and a weekend driving, learning and teaching on a new track, but that won't be happening this year for one of our Track Guys events... unless the track wants us to come over for a "preview" once it IS ready for at-speed traffic... :thumbsup:

See y'all on track...

Jeff Lacina
Track Guys Guy

David Hester

Established Member
That is what I had heard, just wanted official word, so I can make other plans for next weekend. Looks like the A/Sedan car may be sold.

David Hester

Established Member
:dancenana:LOL
I haven't thought about Tweetsie Railroad in YEARS.:dancenana:
But, no.
Hope I've sold the A/Sedan car.. Wondering since the guy was supposed to call today, but it has been piss pouring rain.....

Users who are viewing this thread