Track Guys 2009 Event Schedule

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Jeff, a couple of us are planning to come up to NJMP in Aug.
Got a line on any lodging there yet?
There seem to be two motels in Millville (I'm shocked!).

Black06GT

Established Member
I just ran Sebring with the Track Guys and if you have never tried them I highly reccomend them. Jeff is a great classroom guy with REAL experience and enthusiasm. Try them out!

Dave

Stanger58

Established Member
I just ran Sebring with the Track Guys and if you have never tried them I highly reccomend them. Jeff is a great classroom guy with REAL experience and enthusiasm. Try them out!

Dave

Thanks for the comments Dave, my Track Guys team and I appreciate it. It was a pleasure meeting you and I'm glad you had a fun and maybe learned a thing or three...

See you on track again?

Jeff Lacina

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Jeff:

Is the May Sebring event AKA the Camp Steeda event? I'd like to do that sometime.

Thanks,

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

///m3

Established Member
Jeff:

Is the May Sebring event AKA the Camp Steeda event? I'd like to do that sometime.

Thanks,

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

It is. Jeff runs a great school and Steeda does one hell of a job supporting it. Between Steeda and Nitto, they gave away 30 sets of NT01s!!!

It's a fantastic event. My wife and I have been going for 6 years now and I've been instructing for the last three. They treat the instructors really well and the students even better. It's definitely worth the trip.

Lumpydogs

Established Member
What a surprise, Larry is gonna be at GingerMan this year.

I wonder if it's his first time there? :D:banana::dancenana::beer::pepper:

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Will this be your first time out on-track with the new motor?

Yes, if it gets me there.

p.s. I think I'm gonna have to up shift then down shift between 2 & 3 and 3 & 5. Look out clutch, here it comes :-D That's two additional opps to blow a downshift per lap :bash:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Yes, if it gets me there.

p.s. I think I'm gonna have to up shift then down shift between 2 & 3 and 3 & 5. Look out clutch, here it comes :-D That's two additional opps to blow a downshift per lap :bash:

Jeff:

What gears did you go from: and to:?

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Bruce,

Same 4.10's I've been running the last six or so years. However, the car now has 30 ftlbs more torque that kicks in sooner. It weights approximately 200 lbs. less and I was already dangerously close to the rev limiter at the brake zone for T5.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce,

Same 4.10's I've been running the last six or so years. However, the car now has 30 ftlbs more torque that kicks in sooner. It weights approximately 200 lbs. less and I was already dangerously close to the rev limiter at the brake zone for T5.

4:10's are perfect gears for Gingerman. Are you thinking you're going to have to shift into 5th!?!?!

Lumpydogs

Established Member
4:10's are perfect gears for Gingerman. Are you thinking you're going to have to shift into 5th!?!?!

No fourth gear. I've always run GingerMan in 3rd except for straights between 10 - 11 and 11 -1.

My little 4.6L NA motor has/had no low end torque.

shlbygt

Established Member
Jeff is there any chance Nitto will be giving away any tires at the Gingerman track date?:dancenana:

Steeda & Nitto are sponsoring the rest of the Track Guys schedule this year.
The plan is to give two sets of tires away at each of the remaining Track Guys events, including GingerMan.

Dellcobra

Established Member
Besides the tires, we have a Tremec Transmission that we will be giving away to one of our participants to a Track Guys event this year. All who attend an event, get a chance to win this.

Dellcobra

Established Member
Steeda & Nitto are sponsoring the rest of the Track Guys schedule this year.
The plan is to give two sets of tires away at each of the remaining Track Guys events, including GingerMan.

The tires are Nitto NT-01s, 275/40/17. You must be present to win and take the tires home with you. We have two sets ready for Gingerman.

Dell

Stanger58

Established Member
Attention all y'all!!

Registration is now open for ALL the remaining Track Guys Performance Driving Events, including Drive Bluegrass in Sparta, KY. (we have removed Reno-Fernley from the list...working on a possible VEGAS event instead!)

We are in contact with the folks at Drive Bluegrass. They are in the process of putting down the top coat of asphalt and are telling us they WILL be open in time for our September event.

Here's what's left on the schedule: Go to Track Guys > Upcoming Driving Events - MotorsportReg.com to sign up!

7/17-19 Track Guys On-Track at Gingerman Gingerman Raceway Driver School
8/1-2 Track Guys at Thunderbolt Raceway New Jersey Motorsports Park Driver School
8/30-1 Track Guys Redline Rendezvous Mosport Driver School
9/11-13 Track Guys Fall Thunder At Hallett Hallett Motor Racing Circuit Driver School
9/19-20 Track Guys 2009 Drive Bluegrass Bluegrass Motorsports Club Driver School

Hope to see y'all on track at ONE (or more) of these events! :beer:

Jeff Lacina
Track Guys

Stanger58

Established Member
Aug 1 & 2 NJ event - CANCELED

We at Track Guys are sorry to inform you that the event scheduled for New Jersey Motorsport Park/Thunderbolt Raceway on August 1-2, 2009 has been canceled.

Current registration levels simply were not sufficient to support this event.
Since we are not a club and do not have club membership dues to help fund these events, registrations for each of our events must be adequate to cover all event costs (track rental, insurance, corner workers, fire/rescue, etc).

Full registration refunds will be mailed to you as soon as possible.

Again we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and we DO hope to be back at New Jersey Motorsports Park in the future.

Sincerely,

Jeff Lacina, Jonathan Blevins and Dell Hughes
Track Guys

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread