Track Key Question

Mystic195

Established Member
I am in the final stages of putting a deal together on a GB boss and the dealership is pushing back on including the track key flash and install. They are saying that the software has to be purchased afterward and the paperwork will be sent to my house. That part isn't an issue but the dealer is about three hours away and they are saying they won't do anything until I purchase the car, then take it home, get the paperwork mailed to me and then drive it back down there. Is it correct that the paperwork for the software is mailed to you once it is purchased?

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
At my dealer, they ordered the Track Key software, I paid for it at the time of purchase, and the software was sent TO the dealer. They then notified me when it was in, I brought them the car, and left it for a few hours.

Total was $302 + tax for the program, and the dealer charged me 1 hour labor at $90.

RTD

Established Member
At my dealer, they ordered the Track Key software, I paid for it at the time of purchase, and the software was sent TO the dealer. They then notified me when it was in, I brought them the car, and left it for a few hours.

Total was $302 + tax for the program, and the dealer charged me 1 hour labor at $90.

Same here, except I think I paid $100 for the hour of labor, plus tax on the whole thing. And it was an all day thing since they had a bunch of other cars to work on.

SDW Racing

Established Member

Same here....but I paid only $200 for the whole package installed.

Be ready...if the dealer is unaware of the Trackey, like mine was, provide them the details....I pulled all the info for the Trackey from the URL off the red card attached to the red key. I downloaded and printed off both the customer and dealer install PDF files and gave it to them.

Once they understood what needed to be done, the tech doing the install, followed it to the letter and the track profile was set up perfectly.

I am in the final stages of putting a deal together on a GB boss and the dealership is pushing back on including the track key flash and install. They are saying that the software has to be purchased afterward and the paperwork will be sent to my house. That part isn't an issue but the dealer is about three hours away and they are saying they won't do anything until I purchase the car, then take it home, get the paperwork mailed to me and then drive it back down there. Is it correct that the paperwork for the software is mailed to you once it is purchased?

What dealer?

Mystic195

Established Member
What dealer?

I bought the car from Finish Line Ford in Peoria. Picking it up tomorrow. I originally sent an email and they priced it extremely aggressively. When I called to verify that the price was correct they said that it was a mistake but since it was sent they honored it. I tried to get the track key software included but they said because of the pricing error they would install it but couldn't include the cost. I will just buy it from Tousley and have it installed. They beat everyone in the chicago area by a ton and have been great to deal with. Victor Ford in wauconda also has a grabber blue with everything except the cover if you are still looking for one.

Last edited:
I bought the car from Finish Line Ford in Peoria. Picking it up tomorrow. I originally sent an email and they priced it extremely aggressively. When I called to verify that the price was correct they said that it was a mistake but since it was sent they honored it. I tried to get the track key software included but they said because of the pricing error they would install it but couldn't include the cost. I will just buy it from Tousley and have it installed. They beat everyone in the chicago area by a ton and have been great to deal with. Victor Ford in wauconda also has a grabber blue with everything except the cover if you are still looking for one.

This car is mine.

ace72ace

Egi Actum
Established Member
This car is mine.

Congrats! Great feeling, isn't it? Now order up the 3 mandatory upgrades.

Hood struts - Get used to showing off this motor. ;-)

Sound tube delete kit - Need a better view of motor.

MGW shifter - That OEM wet noodle shifter won't cut it. Boss owners waited, including me, to shift at or near 7k occasionally only after a 1000 mile break in. It's then you find yourself missing the 2-3 shift, and feeling like a dork because the stock shifter can't cut it. If you live near the MGW, the owner of the company will install it for you for free. Can't beat that!

What # is your Boss? Also, remind your dealer to submit the paperwork back to Ford right away, to get your Boss owners kit ASAP.

mtrsprt

Established Member
When I found mine at a dealer, they had the Track key and software already installed, and the restrictor plates removed, put into an envelope in the glove compartment. Still sold it to me for MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread