track pack deletes fog lights....

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
:bs:

it is showing on fords site. track pack deletes fog lights and gives you the three coolers. while I want the three coolers and brake cooling ducts, the foglight delete is kind of a turn off.

thoughts?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I'm waiting for a late "Drag Pack" announcement that incorporates Cobra Jet suspension, gearing, 4 Liter Whipple, Weld Racing wheels on Hoosier's and a hood delete...

Seriously though, I usually delete fog lights anyway...

Last edited:

bpmurr

Established Member

it is showing on fords site. track pack deletes fog lights and gives you the three coolers. while I want the three coolers and brake cooling ducts, the foglight delete is kind of a turn off.

thoughts?

I kind of like it. The stock fogs look like crap with the HID headlights. Unless they are using LED bulbs in them like the GT.

jtfx6552

Established Member

thoughts?

Thanks for the heads up! I'm happy about it, I'll like having the brake cooling ducts factory installed. I hadn't seen those mentioned before.

bpmurr

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up! I'm happy about it, I'll like having the brake cooling ducts factory installed. I hadn't seen those mentioned before.

The Grabber Blue show car has the track pack and certainly has fog lights. Ford website mistake or reality? Order guide doesn't mention it either.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Ford said on track pak cars the side ducts were routed to the added coolers not the fog light opening.

Lemers

Established Member
They are deleting the fog lights to use the holes for brake ducting. If you're gonna track the car cool brakes are more important than the added lights.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
They are deleting the fog lights to use the holes for brake ducting. If you're gonna track the car cool brakes are more important than the added lights.

I would agree, as the fog lights are worthless on the street at night anyway. I never turn mine on, it's a waste of time.

spazpilot

Established Member
I would agree, as the fog lights are worthless on the street at night anyway. I never turn mine on, it's a waste of time.

And money if you have a rock take one out. They are like 125.00 each. I'm with you!! Track pack for me. Better cooling even on the streets with good old Texas temps.

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
Hmm..so the track pack now includes fogs delete/brake cooling.
I'll miss the round fog lights because its been a Cobra signature
for a long time, but Im happy to here about the brake cooling etc.
Seems like they could have done something more KR-ish with the brake cooling ducts, but maybe the 200mph has something to do with that.
Also, helps justify the 2995.00 for the TP.
Interesting that its 1 day before the order banks open and we are still discovering new info.
I wonder what other easter eggs are out there...

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
I hope there is some sort of covers that come from the factory that can be removed for the track where the fog-lights are. Open holes where the fog-lights are would look bad to me on a $63,000 + car.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Also, helps justify the 2995.00 for the TP.

Whoa! $2995, eh?

Makes me wonder what kind of "track ready" cooling the ZL1 has standard.
I'm guessing that is not going to be a popular option, unless you plan to track the car.

I am more interested than ever in the weight/performance of a base model with Recaros.

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
Built the car on-line at FORD.COM again and the description has changed for the track package. No word of "Fog Light Delete" as of 03/23/2012. The web-page keeps changing. :dw::dw::dw:

Lemers

Established Member
Unless ford has a separate facia for the SVTTP with more ducting capabilities than the Fog light holes will need to be used.

Last edited:

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
"Fog Light Delete" is no longer coming up on the TP at Ford.com
I am curious where the brake ducts will inhale from, or if they will
have any bezels etc.
Anyone have a clue?

91svtbird

Established Member
"Fog Light Delete" is no longer coming up on the TP at Ford.com
I am curious where the brake ducts will inhale from, or if they will
have any bezels etc.
Anyone have a clue?

Ford never mentioned any 'brake ducts' in their media press release back in November 2011. I have yet to see any 'official' news release regarding any factory brake ducts on the 2013GT500.
That said there was some 'talk' in some magazines about brake ducts way back during the car's development but nothing official.
Maybe they will have a place in the grille molded in where you could drill out and connect ducting to like they did on the 07-09's?

We haven't even seen any details or specifics on the 'track pack' components and how they are installed other than basic info.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread