Track times tonight !!!!!!!!!! where am i at?

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
WHen i had first gotten to the track tonight they were only doing 8th mile , and i was happy with my 8t mile for that it was ( current power #s in sig)

1st run

1.942 60'
7.800 E.T
@95.07 mph

On this run i thought it was quarter mile so i went all the way down but it only was 8th read.
WHat is this time good for in the 1/4th ?????? I know my 60 could have dropped a bit as well due to slight spin.

THen it went to 1/4th mile times and a couple of runs were garbage due to really bad wheele spin and missing a gear on one of them ..

Then the last run i spun w 2.09 60 ft
12.103 @ 118
And on this run i shifted early about 5900 rpms in 3rd and 4th just expierementing with lower shifts then usuall .

Im really looking farward to an 11 second pass . does it look like its possible for me ???? the last time i was at the track a few weeks ago i hit 12.110 @ 111 with a 1.998 60 Ft ( the reason for low trap was my intercooler pump wasnt working and my car was pulling timing down to 14 degrees and i was only making 426 rwhp 444 rwtq And now currently i got a new intercooler pump and with my car cooling properly -with my tune at 17 degrees of timing it made 456 rwhp 484 rwtq SO with the car making better nmbers and feeling it on my butt dyno i am really looking farward to an 11 second run and i am going to go out there next week too , i really want to at least hit an 11 9 or something im verry anxious for it .. One person told me that my first run ( the 18th mile run was deffenetly good for an 11 is this true ?? any word i would appretiate . THanks ;-)

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I don't have a lot of experience crossing 1/8th over to 1/4 but I'd say your first run would've been in the 11.8xx's at least. I don't understand the mph though. A 95.7 in the 1/8th would be like 124 in the quarter I think. Then you're last 1/4 mile run you only ran 118mph. That would be like 6 mph slower. I wouldn't think shifting lower at 5,900 would do that.

Are you sure you're correct on that 1/8th mile trap speed?

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Yeah im positive on the 8th mile trap , its a clear print out and the car felt verry strong that run . the only other thing besides shifting earlyer than normal is i cannot for sure quote this is what happened but i woke up this morning and took my car for a drive and poped my hood and noticed my intercooler reservior was not flowing even after a half hour of driving ..... so im guessing that at the track last night it could have quit working some time or another after my 1/8th mile run ..? so possibly it started pulling a lil timing again like desribed before above... im b ummed though cause i installed a brand new intercooler pump a week and a half ago ... i wonder if i have a wiring short problem or the relay is bad ..??? iv seen proof of before what happenes when a terminator has not IC flow .. it pulls timing and lags on the top .. but the thing is i dont know if it happened last night or what alls i know its it hasnt been working at all since i checked this morning

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
No its currently not ported however it does seem to run a little big harder then it used to being pullied because now i have a rebuilt motor that is still loosening up more and more i didnt do a whole lot to gain more power but it is 0.20 over has brand new manley pistons(builder said they are rated 8.5.1 but they willl be a slight bit higher in compression then stock ) rather then what they used stock, new rod bearings , arp studs ect , and the heads vere taken apart and hada a valve job and slightly revised parts for strength , it seems to be pushing a slight harder then when it used to be pullied before the rebuild

Justa4banger

Established Member
7.8x's is low 12's. 7.6x's would get an 11 in the 1/4

Mph of 95 in the 1/8th is just about right for 118 in the 1/4. Only cars i know that trap in the 120'sin the 1/4 with sub 100 mph 1/8's are the supra boys, or Big turbo setups. those cars really back half the track.

You need more traction and a better 60 ft. i 60 ft 1.61's , don;t power shift and i have run 7.40 flat at 94.1 mph in the SVO. that was worth a 11.67 pass @116 ON PAPER (calculator) i plan on doing this in person. the past has shown me my setup pretty much does what the calculator guesses for 1/4times/trap based off my 1/8th mile times.

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Kool thanks guys .. Well the thing that puzzles me is i have traped 120 before on this set up .... iv had traps of 109 all the way to 120 even with the IC pumping ... the only things i can think of for 1 is ... possibly i am heat soaking the crap out of the car ?because i still have a bone stock heat exchanger and reservior ( iv heard great things about afco fluidine and LFP heat exchangers doing wonders as far as keeping things consistant) .. i mean it drives me crayz cause my traps are all over the place , that and i dont have any special belt like a gatorback or gates its just some crap auto zone belt and there is rubber all over my pulley so God knows when i get belt slip or not . Before i go back out to the track im going to grab a better heat exchanger and a new belt , i hope that helps me

What heat exchangers seem to have the best results for you guys ??

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

Mph of 95 in the 1/8th is just about right for 118 in the 1/4. Only cars i know that trap in the 120'sin the 1/4 with sub 100 mph 1/8's are the supra boys, or Big turbo setups. those cars really back half the track.

Disagree here. I ran 92 mph in the 1/8th and the same run ran 122mph in the 1/4 mile. That was with my ported Eaton. So if he ran 95 in the 1/8th I'd think that would cross over to a 11.8xx easily. I still say if he ran 95 in the 1/8th he would run 125ish in the 1/4.

Last edited:

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
A couple of other people said it would have been good for low to mid 120's i dono though , i just know that my trap speeds are all over the place haha. tomarro i am buying an LFP dual pass heat exchanger and im going to mount twin spal fans on it and im going to rid this crappy generik belt and grab a gatorback so i hope i notice some differances when this is done

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
i was just sitting in another thread with a kid that was having kinda simillar problems with trapping low .. and i am pretty sure i have come to a conclusion of another problem of mine ... i know i have had belt slip wich today i just changed my belt to a Gatorback wich i hope helps ( cleaned my pulley off so i will be able to notice new belt dust in the future ) i am ordering an LFP dual pass heat exchanger and i am going to order twin spal fans with a relay so that should help me out quite a bit with my heat soak issue esspecially considering im running a stock H/E .

Now in the post i was just in a couple of guys brought up shft points ... and in my car i shift close to 6500 rpm usually 6300-6400 and i just looked at my dyno graph today and i neglected to notice i stop making power at like 58 5900 rom so i am willing to bet that running well past my power point creates heat and slowe eccell in those dead rpms and looking at my original post above i did write

*** Then the last run i spun w 2.09 60 ft
12.103 @ 118
And on this run i shifted early about 5900 rpms in 3rd and 4th just expierementing with lower shifts then usuall . ***

i wonder if that it also hurting me on top that i usually shift way to high and i should be shifting at 5800-6000

Last edited:

04gtstang

Established Member

You need more traction and a better 60 ft. i 60 ft 1.61's , don;t power shift and i have run 7.40 flat at 94.1 mph in the SVO. that was worth a 11.67 pass @116 ON PAPER (calculator) i plan on doing this in person. the past has shown me my setup pretty much does what the calculator guesses for 1/4times/trap based off my 1/8th mile times.

LOL yea my old TT GT went 95ish in the 1/8, but trapped 125 :lol: Thing was picking up 30MPH on the back half....pretty crazy.

My cobra does 93-94 in the 1/8 and 117-118 in the 1/4.

Users who are viewing this thread