Track Tire deal

b4409

Established Member
I picked up on a good deal on 275/40-17 track tires thanks to cc.com. I bought 8 for $139 ea and some $149 17x9 10th anniversary wheels from Gene Evans Ford. I was using up $292 Pilot sport Cups at the rate of at least 1 per day, so I've convinced myself I'll significantly reduce tire cost this season with these and the Toyo RA1 tires:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Avon&model=Tech+R

There's also some closeouts on some Hoosiers.

Andy M

Established Member
I know what you mean about the Michelin Cup tires... however, mine are lasting alot longer than one per track day... they last a lot longer than the Hoosiers... is something wrong with your suspension possibly?... just wondering??

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I used the avon tech r's last year, excellent grip that didnt go away when heated, better performance than kumho 710s and even hoosiers....they lasted somewhere between the 710s and the hoosiers....

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
NJ2000R said:
I used the avon tech r's last year, excellent grip that didnt go away when heated, better performance than kumho 710s and even hoosiers....they lasted somewhere between the 710s and the hoosiers....

Bruce:

I don't think the Avon is going to last anywhere near what the Sport Cups do?

Ken:

I'm translating that as being not quite the life of the V-710? Correct? :shrug: I bought 4 and I'm debating on buying another set?

Last edited:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I really liked the avon's, whereas I did not like the 710 in the grip department....however, those 710's lasted me 3 days plus your autobahn usage! :eek:

b4409

Established Member
Andy M said:
I know what you mean about the Michelin Cup tires... however, mine are lasting alot longer than one per track day... they last a lot longer than the Hoosiers... is something wrong with your suspension possibly?... just wondering??

Yes, something was wrong, it was previously mounted in rubber :thumbsup:

I've been pretty aggressive and I haven't totally sorted the alignment. Rear tire wear was terrible despite a couple of pro alignment jobs - that's why I'm going thru the IRS. Nothing seemed to be broken or worn. Hopefully we'll get it sorted as good as possible this year.

In the meantime, tires will be a bit cheaper ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread