track tonite

gucci

00BlkLght
Established Member
im going to the track tonite. i took of my tonneau and probally going to go with the tail gate. i was just wondering what rpm should i launch from? my truck is stock 2000. im still gettn use to the automatic. what does a stock l usually run?

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Someone was running a bone-stock L this weekend at FFW in Fontana (minus intercooler reservoir upgrade, which isn't really a power mod unless you have every other possible bolton already).

She was running consistent mid to high 13's. Maybe with a little luck, cooler air, and better track prep you can hope for low to mid 13's if you drive good?

I wouldn't worry about what RPM to launch at so much though, just as long as you don't completely floor it before you let off the brakes. I'm not as familiar with launching auto's myself as with a manual trans. On my stang I used to launch around 1500-2000rpms on street tires. Surely someone else can chime in and give better L specific track advice.

SVT2122

Established Member
I'd put the cover back on the bed, the amount of weight your saving doesn't out way the added aerodynamics with the cover on. I would take the hitch and spare tire out though.

uncooked

Established Member
If the tires / track will hold it try to foot brake up a little 800 - 1200 something like that.

Drop the spare for sure at the track, take off the hitch to its only like 6 bolts or something.

If its bone stock i would guess 13.8 - 14.00 98 - 100 mph

Cai / exhaust mods maybe a 13.7 - 13.8 - 99 - 102 mph

Drive AROUND the water and then back up for your burnout, keeps the water off the fronts. I don't even like to touch the water at all myself cause it sprays up in the wheel wells then drips down on the tires.

Have fun :-D

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats.
That is actually a good run considering that your truck is stock and has 3.55 gears. :thumbsup:

gucci

00BlkLght
Established Member
im in collinsville, its about 10 min outside of st.louis. i go to gateway raceway. it is located right inbetween me and st.louis,m.o.

gucci

00BlkLght
Established Member
yea i plan on getting a sct x2 from a buddy for 100bucks. and i need a new intercooler im waiting on a reply from a guy on here that says he knows a dude that has one. my other buddy has a ported upper and lower with a pulley that he was going to sell me so i was going to do that with a 4#lower a 90mm and tune it.

Last edited:

gucci

00BlkLght
Established Member
yea i know its bad. i have had 4 mustang 5.0s and its just one thing after another. u just keep wanting to go fast. i was planing on just putting some exhaust on it and leaving it alone but i cant. especially since my friend got his vet back he has been talkn all sorts of junk. he runs 11.60 with a 408 stroker, and another friend just put a 388 in a 2001 s10. i think i can get them by next season.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread