Trackhawk Flat Tire Is This Repairable?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Had quite the blow out yesterday almost shot me into the guardrail smh have no idea how a tire can do this but it did.... And no I didnt cut anything out of that tire thats exactly how it looked when I removed it. Defect maybe?

IMG_4531.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those look like cuts to me. They look too straight IMO to be a defect. ?? You might have someone out there who doesn't like you. I'd have a dealer or shop look at it closely. You might contact Perelli.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Just patch it and move on.

That's wild. I would send that picture to Pirelli and then swap all 4 tires to Michelin Pilot sports. So much better than the stock tires.

BlackHrtStang

METAL!
Established Member
Most tires are manufactured in multiple pieces and not just one big circle. I'd be curious if this happened at those points. And the sidewall plys are separate from the cap plys too so even though it looks like it had a knife taken to it. its possible that it was a manufacture defect. Most time I see tire failures it's after the tire had been run on with low pressure. Did this tire have any previous repairs?

Sent from my SM-G781U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

_Snake_

Established Member
Might have been done by a forum member who is wondering why there haven't been any updates on the TH but it's out on the road.

SVTXTC

Established Member
Are these the OEM tires from the factory? I just looked at my 2021 TH and it came with Pirelli P Zeros.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
This is one of those situations like when people claim to find razors in their Coca-Cola or fried chicken heads in their McNuggets.

Users who are viewing this thread