Traction Control Light Flashing

DirtyMcArthur

BIG RED
Established Member
I was on the way home from school tonight and about 4-5 miles home, I hit some uneven pavement (kinda choppy) which I've driven over several times with no problem. But tonight, my Trac light started flashing the second I hit the shitty part of the road (at about 40 mph). I pulled into the nearest gas station and check the rear axle, checked my lug nuts and for any looseness, everything was good. I drove the rest of the way home (about 5 more miles) with no problems. Anyone heard of this happening or know what may have caused it and if I should expect the light to come back on?:shrug:

Ash1977

Established Member
It happen to me when I had my 2011 at the Texas Motor Speedway. Started it the next day and everything was fine. I drove it for another 2000 miles with no issue before I traded it for my Boss 302 LS. Hope it helps.

Mark

NuclearPower

Established Member
Same here. Happens on bad roads with a bad hop. Since installing Bobs LCAs it has not happened though. So long as it doesnt stay on you are okay.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Mine does it for no reason. I always start my car & go to sport mode. And about 10% of the time I can be driving on completely smooth road and the trac light will come on and reset to advance trac on & fo out of sport mode. It's a little annoying, but enough to make me go in & get it checked. It's not related to my wheels or tires either, happened to me before when I've been running my stockers. I've posted before but no one replied with this happening to them at the time.

Blacksmoke

Established Member
I know in my 08
it gives a traction control msg if the car loses traction for some reason suddenly.

Probably the same.
I checked the manual of mine when it first happened because I thought it might have been some sort of malfunction.

Read your manual and odds are it will tell you the same.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
If your butt end wiggled back and forth from uneven/crappy roads, it may have been the your Stability Control kicking in. Sounds like you didn't lose traction.

DirtyMcArthur

BIG RED
Established Member
If your butt end wiggled back and forth from uneven/crappy roads, it may have been the your Stability Control kicking in. Sounds like you didn't lose traction.

Yeah the rear end felt like it kicked a little so I'm leaning towards that explanation. I've had no problems today. thanks for the suggestions fellas

Users who are viewing this thread