Trade-In V.S. Private Sale

Daniels2386

Stylin' & Profilin'
Established Member
Im going to be selling the L. I went to kbb.com and saw the Private Sale is around $10,500 and Trade-In is around $7,500. Seems like a joke, but I understand with the gas prices the market is down. I would love to pick up another L, but the L I have now has left a very Very VERY bad taste in my mouth. I want to say I just have the lemon or bad apple of the bunch, but I dont know. In the last 3 months Ive went through 3 transmissions and a motor rebuild. Last night the tranny locked up again. Im going to be hauling it back to town tomarrow and see whats up, pay to get it fixed or see if the warranty will cover it then getting rid of it via trade or sell.

Which one should I do?
How much should I ask for?

2000 Lightning
5% tint
Magnaflow Exhaust
Moto Blue CAI
18" KMC Stealth Wheels
IDK if its a 2-4 or a 4-6 drop in suspension.
Picture006.gif

L2.gif

earl lee

Established Member
Well if its a lemon, id trade it in.

I know if you sold it to me without telling me any of the things you replaced numerous times and it broke down on me, id prolly kill you.

KwikSilvr

Established Member
not to be a bad person here, but have you ever thought that it could be the perosn behind the wheel?

it may just be you revving it in neutral and slamming it into drive?

j/k..

ASUSMC

Oh Hi!!!
Established Member
Who has rebuilt those transmissions? What do you mean the tranny has "locked up"? Could be bad rebuilds, something going on in the tune, or just dumb luck. I am gonna go with one of the first two.

90k on these tranny's isn't bad mileage to get out of one. Most of those miles I am sure were not easy miles so its gonna wear down on em.

Daniels2386

Stylin' & Profilin'
Established Member
but have you ever thought that it could be the person behind the wheel?
Yea I did think about that, but my truck is stock and I know I dont drive it hard enough or do dumb stuff in it to tear the trannys up.

what wheels are those?
KMC 18" Stealths ( No longer made) Available in 20's though

Who has rebuilt those transmissions?
2 different locations in Tulsa. The 1st cost me $2500 and I have a court date set with them. The 2nd is a guy that was recommended by some people in my area on this forum...I have to haul it back up there to him on a trailer.

What do you mean the tranny has "locked up"? Could be bad rebuilds, something going on in the tune, or just dumb luck.
Locked up as in...when I start it it just "whines" put it in ANY gear and nothing happens, it just whines louder in gear...I know 1 was bad rebuild (court case), still waiting to see about the 2nd rebuild. My truck is stock except a CAI and a 90mm MAF...I just wanted to tell myself I have the lemon or bad apple. I just financially cant take a chance with this truck anymore :(

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Seeing how it was a bad rebuild to start with then your problems wouldn't have been too bad if it was rebuilt right. I'd just see how the court case goes and go from there. Hopefully you can get it all straightend out and those pricks will pay for it. I can't stand when people dont fix something correct and try and play it off. I had a bad strut in my 01GT a couple years ago and i took it to Oklahoma Performance and 2 days later i was driving down the road and i hear "ching ching....whoosh!"...well the bolts holding it on when flying under my car and my wheel camber looked like a bagged truck. I couldn't drive because it was pulling so hard and i had to pay or a flatbed to come get it. I had them replace the clutch cable while i was in there and they F'd that up too! Thing snapped in a day! Ugh..i feel ya man. Good luck with whatever happens and sweet L by the way. Def. looks like a 4/6 on it.

PS- I see your in Tulsa.....do you know how to de-arch leaf springs....hahaha

I'D WIN

Established Member
Hopefully whatever you choose brother, everything works out for you in the long run.

The transmission problem may be a number of things. Have you looked into anything personally? i.e. check all wiring harnesses, may be a bad shift solenoid pack, etc...

I'D WIN

Established Member
Although the Pontiac GTO's existence was borne of original thinking, its name was not. The GTO moniker was "borrowed" from Ferrari, which had a short production run (40) of sports racing cars of the same name starting in 1962. GTO in that case stood for "Gran Turismo Omologato" the english translation of which is "Grand Touring Homologated", a fancy way of saying that it was approved for certain classes of international sports car racing. Controversy over the name theft continues today, with many insisting that the Pontiac owners deserved more original thinking. Jokesters of the time claimed that GTO stood for "Gas, Tires, Oil", all of which both the Pontiac and the Ferrari used in large quantities. Fans and owners of the Pontiac GTO proudly call their favorite car a "Goat" and label their meetings as a "Gathering of the Goats".

Users who are viewing this thread