Trade-in value of Terminator???

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Sorry but i dont think its a great time to sell right now.....especially with the great deals that folks can get with a new one.

26 - 28 imo....but then u might get lucky for some stranger who might just pay more.

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
if ucan wait till the economy booms again and dealerships drop the great offers they have out now...

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Kelly Blue Book [www.kbb.com] says $28,300 trade in w/chrome wheels and 6000 miles.
$30,705 w/chrome and 6000 miles for private party sale.
Chrome wheels add $260 so deduct that for alloy wheels .

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Sorry but i dont think its a great time to sell right now.....especially with the great deals that folks can get with a new one.

26 - 28 imo....but then u might get lucky for some stranger who might just pay more.
You're so right. I was going to sell mine now but I'm going to wait until Spring. By that time......
1. No more rebates'
2. No more new '03s
3. Therefore no more deep discounts
4. People are thinking about driving vs. plowing snow (LOL!)

:burnout:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
every minute you wait, the car continues to depreciate. ITS A USED CAR. Way too large of a production run for 'collectability' prices. the 04 is for all intents and purposes the same car, so that will deflate the value further still.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
you guys are just thinking about your particular situation. the 03's tend to get WAY more $ then average, 26-28 is EXCELLENT for a one year old car. Try a grand cherokee sometime, they half in value as soon as they roll. Range rovers are only worth a third within 2 years. I had a customer with a 02 stratus with 20k miles fairly loaded and DODGE across the street only put 7k on it, book said 6, ouchy.........Any used vehicle in the first few months can only be worth about 95% of invoice minus holback and incentives. Best way to get good resale for a cobra is to NOT SELL IT FOR 5 YEARS. there is no money to be made owning a current-year(s) car. As for retail, they do better then any vehicle ive ever seen from ford, used ones with under 5k sell very fast at 31-32k

Last edited:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by ShelbyGuy
every minute you wait, the car continues to depreciate. ITS A USED CAR. Way too large of a production run for 'collectability' prices. the 04 is for all intents and purposes the same car, so that will deflate the value further still.

and a new car that doesnt share a single part rolls next september...............

Wightmn

Established Member
Well put Kevin. Doesn't matter to me, I'm keeping mine. Saw an interesting article in FF & MM this issue. I think it's a little overstated, but their comment was that in 20 to 30 years, there will be lots of pristine 03 Cobras at car shows. Won't that be a sight.

2K3BRA

Established Member
Well to give you a idea of what a private party would pay.....

I was looking for a sonic blue one and I found the only one for sale in the area for 29K which isn't too bad and I went and got it and gave them my broke ass gt. :)

stevieb

Established Member
By spring the car may be worth much less, I believe that Kelly blue book is updated quarterly, so it will be worth less by the time the spring book comes out. There seems to be more of a premium on Calif cars though, people tend to pay more out here.
Im pissed, I researched my car before purchase and there was about $1600-$2k difference between Calif and places like Texas, PA, TN. So I bought here, now they came out with the rebate and lowered the price so theres about a 5-7k difference. But it could have been worse.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I don't know about the Cobra but I got 27000 out of my mach 1 and it had 9,000 miles on it. I'd say that's pretty good considering it was in need of tires BAD.:burnout:

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
I've seen used 03s in not so good condition sell for $28k from a dealer with about 7k miles. If you're a Private Party, although its supposed to be lower than the dealer, you could probably sell your 03 with about 4k miles for about $29k.

Last edited:

fr03cobra

Established Member
They wanted to give me 30,000 for my convert. that I paid 41,500 a year ago. I've only got 3600 miles on it. I was going to trade up to the 04 mystic. I've put about 10,000 into my 03:burn:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by fr03cobra
They wanted to give me 30,000 for my convert. that I paid 41,500 a year ago. I've only got 3600 miles on it. I was going to trade up to the 04 mystic. I've put about 10,000 into my 03:burn:
wouldnt it be hella cheaper to paint it? the ford robots sure as hell dont do that great of a job as it is

Users who are viewing this thread