trade my blower/assembly for a vortec v1 t trim?

Trade eaton assembly for vortec v1 t trim

• Hell yea

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • NO

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Only if its a track car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hmm hard choice

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Okay so one of my friends has a vortec on his mach 1 and is making a terminator/mach 1 I guess. He is putting in IRS and all the suspension stuff and I guess he wants the eaton because he said he never cares if he makes over 500 rwhp. He is thinking about trading me his vortec v1 t trim, intercooler, and all the intake stuff for my eaton, heat exchanger, intake etc etc. my question is do you guys think I should do it? If it was a procharger f1a or f1r I would defiantly jump on it but i duno :shrug:

I eventually want to turbo this car and I know that some of his intake stuff will get me a little closer but that is for sure not enough to justify this swap.

pros of swapping: more power if I do 8 rib conversion, I love the way it sounds at idle, might get better traction with less low end torque, will have something a little less common

cons: wont hear blower whine at wot anymore, wont have the feeling of instant torque, IMO centri cars don't feel as fast, probably cause more problems

Tell me what you guys think, all ideas and comments appreciated!

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
You sure could make some big power!!!!

check out this car, its making 650 rwhp through 2v heads!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9uOS732mdA"]YouTube - 665 whp dyno vid T-trim Vortech ported heads cams TFS intake 04/03/09[/ame]

sc98cbra

Established Member
Do someone a favor, Sell the car and buy a 99/01 cobra. Going centri or even turbo is a waste on such a valuable piece of history.

Ryushin

Established Member
i dont think they will ever be valuable pieces of history

I don't know. I forget where I read this, but a couple of years ago someone asked Carroll Shelby which modern Mustang he though we be the most valuable around and he said the 03/04 Cobra. Even over the new 07 GT 500s.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Do someone a favor, Sell the car and buy a 99/01 cobra. Going centri or even turbo is a waste on such a valuable piece of history.

I hope your kidding buddy... this is no exotic car :bash:

o yea I got a solid axle im sorry I didnt get a gt/mach 1 can I have your forgiveness?

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
I plan on beating on mine, driving it in the rain, and having fun with it... thats why I bought it! :) It's not my DD, but it's no garage queen either.

I think they'll be worth more than the average mustang of this body style, but I wouldn't invest in every terminator I seen to try and make a buck some day..

As far as the blower goes... I think you should do whatever you think you'd like best. I drove a procharger car for 2 years or so and man they are fun.. I think the majority of people go twin screw just because it is so damn easy to do on these cars and it really doesn't change the power band of the car, it just exaggerates it. Having a vortech on it will change the driving experience, but not necessarily in a bad way. If you're buddy had it on his mach then I'm sure you know how it is :) I don't think you'll be ruining a cobra by not going twin screw, it just doesn't seem to be the norm..

Last edited:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
If you are going to go turbo then just keep what you have and go turbo. The T trim is a great blower, but you said you want to go turbo eventually so just do a swap once. The parts needed for a turbo conversion on an 03/04 are minimal. I think its an intake, alternator and harness and a couple other things. Not much at all I know that much. Most kits come with the parts you need. If you are going to do turbo you could also do a compound setup and make use of your eaton and a pair on a turbos on the car.

As for people thinking 03/04 are gonna be worth big money someday...put down the crack pipe. The only ones worth any money over time are the foxbody cobras. The 03/04's flooded the market, over 11000 were made. Most other years were about half of that if not less.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I say do it and then buy a YSI trim and a A/A. There's a guy on here with low boost just ran a 9.xx 1/4 look for it in the pics and vids

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
You can make some serious power with a T trim. not to mention it would help to trade all your crap once you go turbo you don't have to find all the intake parts. just unbolt the Vortech and go with a turbo.

i vote yes.

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
vortech = gay IMO....

the whine is what you will miss, i say no...centri blowers are old school if you ask me.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
vortech = gay IMO....

the whine is what you will miss, i say no...centri blowers are old school if you ask me.

what makes them outdated and gay in your opinion? Is it the useable power band of the massive advantage in efficiency over the eaton?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
is money an issue for you? if not...then who cares...go for it

if it is...don't bother and just keep savin for the turbo as it won't be worth it

Users who are viewing this thread