Trade my GT500 for New auto 5.0?

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Why not buy a new Shelby?
The dealer asked me the same question as they have one coming in next week. For one my wife would never be able to drive it after the power adders just like my car now. Also they said it will have a 20k ADM not exactly my idea of a good starting point for negotiations.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I got my 2011 used at carmax for 48 out the door in early 2015. Low miles, pefect condition.

I found out the dealer down the street from my dad sold it new originally. There was a 20kADM because it had the "all new aluminum engine". Lmao, i was happy getting it used out the door with warranty for MSRP if the base car.

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
The dealer asked me the same question as they have one coming in next week. For one my wife would never be able to drive it after the power adders just like my car now. Also they said it will have a 20k ADM not exactly my idea of a good starting point for negotiations.

You'll have to really shop around but I know you can get them without ADM for standard GT350 but the R would be harder to find.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
So...... what you decide???

Well I've had the 5.0 for a month now so i can give a better impression. Sat up at the dealer for 2 hours before i signed and made it final. It was a tuff choice but happy with the decision. Part of it was wanting a new toy to mod. The other part was tired of the cars shifting. It was improved with a new clutch, mgw, steel clutch line, better fluid, steel clutch line, wot box etc. but not how i wanted. Was getting to the point of putting another 10k in it to go auto plus tuning working out the issues etc.

In stock form the 5.0 is a bit of a turd. Since getting it i put hood struts, my extra amr wheels/tires fit thank god. Also the ford racing 670 kit and a mbrp race catback. Whole different car now, i met the guy that bought my car and he was pretty cool mustang guy forever too so she went to a good home. He said we can meet up to race sometime so that would be real interesting. Overall the 5.0 feels more refined with a nicer interior. Kind of like my buddies 09 shelby to an 11 shelby difference wise. The irs rides much better on the highway and in bumps. Is it better/worse idk but I'm happy with the car.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Sad to see you leave the S197 GT500 family, but Im glad you got what you wanted!

Dont worry, a VMP Coyote TVS Kit and your back to breaking hearts and hurting feelings. :D

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I'll still hang around just to bug you guys. I have the ford racing version on the car now so pretty much the same kit. Just a bap and tune away from 650whp when I'm ready.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
A new ride always gets the blood pumping again.

I like mostly everything about the new 5.0 except the rear of the car. I don't think I will ever sell mine but just add to the stable. A terminator, an 11-14 5.0, or the new Cobra/Shelby. Cudos to you for pulling the trigger.

Have fun, don't be a stranger, and I always enjoyed reading your threads here over the years.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Thanks man, i feel the same way just no room for extra cars. Maybe in a few years I'll get another shelby. I also am not a fan of the rear. The 4.5 polished exhaust tips help and they do make tail light conversions.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You don't sound that happy honestly.

The Coyote is a different feeling motor the way it delivers power. Soft down low (by comparison to the GT500) but pulls for DAYS up top to 8k rpm if you want it to.

I would bet your whipple'd Shelby is much faster than your Roush boosted s550, but that's not to say you cant continue to mod the new car and make it faster!

Will take some work but you can get it there.

PICS OF NEW CAR!!!! ????

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I agree it's not quite as violent on the hit but is a fast car. I honestly don't think after a bap and tune this car would have any trouble against my old car. Hopefully the guy that bought mine will meet up with me. I was just ready for something else after 6 years. Photobucket is an absolute nightmare lately. If you don't mind shoot me a pm and i can email some if you can post easier.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Let's see if this works.

Attachments

• 20170610_181352.jpg
    20170610_181352.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 190
  • 20170610_181410.jpg
    20170610_181410.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 217
  • 20170610_181435.jpg