• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Traded in my 2012 GT for a 2018 GT

Discussion in 'Pics and Videos Buffet' started by D1984, Sep 12, 2019.

1. D1984

D1984 911 hunting Established Member

IMG-20190912-182552-2.jpg

IMG-20190912-182624.jpg

Impressions:

Looks good, but I will be changing the decklid panel, front splitter, rear spoiler, grill, maybe rear diffuser, lowering it, and obviously getting new wheels. New wheels and Steeda springs are already on the way. This transmission is incredible and I don't miss my manual or the shit Chinese build quality of it for one second. Speaking of Chinese, I bought this as a CPO and the dealer put some crappy Chinese tires on it. Did a street test and spun all the way to 65mph pretty much and still ran a [email protected] according to track apps.

This feels much more solid than my 2012. Doesn't handle as well yet, but feels more stable in the corners. Overall grip and steering feel is nowhere close to my 2012 but then again I had a bunch of suspension upgrades on mine (only stock components were the sway bars) and this is bone stock. Power is definitely noticeably more than my tune-only 2012, but not an extreme amount more. Until it hits about 80mph then takes off like a raped ape compared to my 2012. Just insanely more powerful at the top end. Android auto is awesome, I love the cooled seats, smart key/remote start, etc. I feel like this is 20 years more advanced than my 2012. Oh and the factory standard exhaust is louder than my Ford Racing axleback that was on my '12, way louder. Sounds great, don't really see the need for new mufflers until and if I go full exhaust.

Gonna be a fun project. I keep saying I won't do a tune, but I probably will. Maybe a supercharger later, since I'm not worried about this motor or transmission handling the power. Will take it to the track in a couple weeks after the wheels go on. Only thing I've done so far is yanked the front plate off and plastidipped the exhaust tips black since the factory finish is terrible.

And I got a great deal (I'm in the business and booked it out...let's just say my dealership wouldn't have owned this anywhere close to what I bought it for). They also paid way too much for my car.

Mentos and 7998 like this.
  2. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Established Member

Nice pickup, have fun!

3. ElCoyote

ElCoyote Lord SVT Contributor Established Member

The 10r80 is a beast of a transmission.
    Love how it performs in my 18' Raptor.

me32 likes this.
  4. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Well-Known Member Established Member

Nice, congrats

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

5. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

Congrats

6. Crimson2v

Crimson2v Well-Known Member Established Member

Congratulations on the new ride, I like the color!

7. 7998

7998 Well-Known Member Established Member

Congrats and good luck with it. I have the 10r80 in my '19 Platinum and love it. I wish I could retro it in my '14 GT, that and the cooled seats.

8. D1984

D1984 911 hunting Established Member

Thanks guys. Zeven wheels (got an insane deal), Steeda Ultralite springs, SR IRS tie down kit, smoked tint kit, and AFE drop in filter are on the way. Are cold air intakes as useless with this car as the older coyotes? I had a PMAS and it was a bitch to tune and the IATs were really unacceptable. I actually ran slower 1/4 mile times and lower trap speeds with it so I ditched it.

9. Stang Lover

Stang Lover Well-Known Member Established Member

I wouldn't say useless for cai but for the avg cruiser car yes. The stock 18 cai is huge compared to the gen 1/2 cai so i'd say do you did better by just doing an afe drop in. That's what I have in mine 12.

10. biminiLX

biminiLX never stock Established Member

Save up on the CAI, put it towards the boost.
    Springs, wheels and boost. Then make it look better, so you’re off to a good start.
    Congrats!
    -J