Traded the 5.0 for this........

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
LS3 is definitely better for nitrous oxide and or boost...much cheaper to fix/replace if you blow shit up as well :beer:

The valve stems breaking on the LS7 is maybe a little overblown, but I would sure hate to cough up the money to fix/replace that 427....

Yeah I am sure it's not as bad as people play it off as, but I would still rather have an LS3, then do some stuff to it and beat Z06's. Cammed LS3 will run right there with a bolt on Z.

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
Your car is the first one that comes to my mind when I think LS3 Corvettes lol. What's your setup?

Appreciate it. Pretty simple really:

D1SC
Alky Control Meth
LG Headers
Dallas Performance Big Mouth Intake
Futral Motorsports custom blower cam

It barely touches 10psi at the very end of the pull.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
1011230_10201862234147450_1889333374_n.jpg

Nice Upgrade. Keep it simple, I would suggest :

1. C6 ZR1 rear wing (Body Color or Black)
2. Kooks or AM Longtubes with Catted X
3. Corsa Sport Cat-back with 4" Tips
4. Custom Cam with 113 LSA "lopey"
5. K&N "FIPK" Cold Air Intake System
6. West Coast Corvettes C6 lowering kit
7. Custom Dyno Tune and post Vids ASAP

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
What is the axle ratio?
My Dad and I test drove a 2008 A6 and a 2008 M6.
The auto had a 2.56:1 and the manual had a 3.55:1.
I hate to say it, but I'm not 100% sure. I believe it's the base 2.56 gear..?

What are used LS3 Vette's going for these days? Very nice car, LS3's sound amazing, best sounding LS for sure.
Very low 30's with low miles (20-30k), but can be had for high 20's with higher miles (50-70k). At least from what I saw when I was looking, that is typical....

I`m partial just got my 04 vette a few weeks ago it`s a A4 also .........you did well !!
Thanks! Enjoy your car as well, they are a blast...!

this, & congrats OP on the trade !

Nice looking Vette. Congrats! Did you ever consider buying a Z06?
Yes, but they were unfortunately out of my price range a bit..... :( Maybe later on in life....it will give me something to look forward to for upgrading.

Good car, you will love it!
Thanks.

Congrats on the Vette. I have had a few Vettes mixed in with 5 Mustangs and other brands too. My 1st love is Mustangs, but there are a lot of cool cars out there to stay with just one brand. Congrats!
Thanks, and yes,,, I couldn't agree more. There's too much brand bashing in my opinion. I've owned a lot of cars from both Ford and GM...

Congrats! Z06's can be had for great deals. Too bad you didn't upgrade that route.
I know,, :( there's always later.... ;)

Nice. Like the 5.0 better.
I know, it was a pretty badass car. I absolutely LOVED the Kona blue color.

These aren't DCT's.....powershifting a 6mt will defintely be quicker....maybe not as consistent...but quicker. I drove my buddy's paddle shifted automatic vette....no doubt they are quick, but the shifts aren't brutal.
You're right, but powershifting puts a good beating on the driveline and the clutch. The last 4 cars I've owned have all been 6 speeds, and I was done dealing with clutch issues and shifting issues. I just wanted something different for a while.

Congrats..it is good you got what u wanted but meh....boss would've been better than a auto dime a dozen vette IMO
Yeah, I see your point, but a Boss with 25k miles can't be had for $30,700, which is what I paid for the Vette. Also, in my opinion, the Vette has a certain fun factor that I never got with a Mustang. It feels more like a low down, fast as sh#$t go-cart....... :)

I think you made a great choice! Both rides were beautiful though.
-Garrett

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
The only way the pipes stay that way is if the owner is lazy. I had my C6Z for 6 years and the pipes never looked like that even after an evening at the drag strip. It's caused from the inner two pipes open up when on it and the owner doesn't clean them. Then over time it builds up. Laziness imo!

How often did you clean yours?

BTW I would love to have a Vette if I had the funds my ass would be cleaning the muffler every week.

GTpower01

Established Member
Nice!!! Still love the Kona Blue 5.0's though!!! Best color imo... Sweet upgrade though! Any plans?

Users who are viewing this thread