Trading a car in...

1994ta

I'm trading my Jeep in towards a new lease. My the problem is, they want to appraise it before we talk numbers. I currently have my nitrous system installed and I don't know if I should take it off before I have them inspect it or just take it off before actual trade-in? I'm afraid they'll lower the trade-in value of my car if they see the kit on there. Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Take anything off that is after market. You won't get anything extra for it, and it might even lower the value of the car in their eyes. They want to negotiate price so they don't get hosed on their car and hosed on the price they put on your car.

Most dealerships work this way, if you pay retail for their car, they'll pay retail for yours and if you pay invoce for theirs, they pay you under retail for yours...

Shop at another dealership to use as a bargaining tool such as, ABC motors offered me this for my trade and they were going to lease me this vehicle for this...most dealerships will match or beat the oter deal....good luck

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hell take them for a ride in it! That'll convince them it's worth a lot!:lol:

Did you say a Jeep with nitrous? Holy Cow!:-D

Why lease? You're losing your ass! Buy yourself a Stang!!

Last edited:

Hooligan02

We're all full of lies
Established Member
Take all aftermarket parts off before they look it over. I had a civic (i know, i know, let the beatings and ridicule commence, it was a phase that lasted 6 months), that had aftermarket parts, and my trade in value went from $7000, to about $3000, because it had wheels, exhaust, and body kit, I could only imagine how hard they will hit you with nitrous hooked up.

1994ta

I'm trading in probably at Allen Chevrolet in Monroe. I'm leasing a new Cobalt SS because I want something with a warranty, and I can't afford to buy. There's tons of incentives on them right now, plus I get the GM discount.. and the stang is a little out of my price range for new. I'll probably take off everything, but it's gonna be a PITA. I'll probably leave the cutout on and take off the electric valve.

Users who are viewing this thread