Training with MARsoc

jliddle

Established Member
Thats awesome, sketchy but awesome.

When I was taking my ASVAB last night down at Fort Fisher, some guys were loading rafts in a CH47. Probably doing some oceanic training

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Where is MOS school for SF? do you just go to SOI then hit your SF unit?

You go from SOI to BSG (Basic Security Guard) school in Chesapeake, VA. It's at this crappy little naval base in the middle of nowhere for 6 weeks and you get pistol, shotgun and more rifle training there. It's pretty pointless really except for the pistol training.

They go thru smaller squad-based training I believe. CQB, Breaching all that good stuff.

CQB, DM, and breaching all come after you've gotten to your command and are designated mostly to RTT. FAST will send guys to DM school as well as the regular guard platoons but it's usually only 2 or 3 guys, and RTT often pulls these guys from guard to be DMs in RTT if we're in need of DMs. CQB and Breacher school is strictly for RTT as far as SF goes. CQB is done at that same little base in Chesapeake, Breacher school is in Quantico, and DM school is done at Damnek (sp?) near VA Beach.

If you're in FAST you will go through AUC (Advanced Urban Combat). It's run by the same Marines who run CQB but it's for the most part a compressed CQB course. A normal CQB course it 4 weeks of marksmanship with rifle and pistol and then 3 weeks of tactics. AUC is only like 2 or 3 weeks so they really miss out on a lot and don't get the full grasp of what those going through CQB get. The 4 weeks of marksmanship does wonders for your shooting!

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
Could you get disqualified to join PRP even if your background check came out clean? Like no prior runins with the law and good credit , etc? If I went into the Marines one option would be to try and get SF even if people dislike some of it.

Not relating to your training but any advice for someone contemplating joining the military and stuck between Marines and Army branches. You can PM me if you'd like so this doesn't fill up the thread with petty personal things. Thanks

jf4boogie

Established Member
I don't have much detail, but I got to go inside of the MARSOC headquarters building last week and it was very very cool, and kind of surreal at the same time. Most of the guys were extremely friendly and willing to talk if they had time.

It also sucked knowing that I'd never be able to join b/c of something I can't help (partial colorblindness).

jliddle

Established Member
Could you get disqualified to join PRP even if your background check came out clean? Like no prior runins with the law and good credit , etc?

If you BG check comes out clean, why would they disqualify you? Thats the sole reason behind the check.

boduke0220

Established Member
eh i think i'll just go straight 03 so i can get to the fleet faster lol

any of you get on terminal lance? that shits hilarious

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
eh i think i'll just go straight 03 so i can get to the fleet faster lol

any of you get on terminal lance? that shits hilarious

even though im not in the Marines I find that website to be very funny. Can show you some of the stupid things that military members have to deal with

Users who are viewing this thread