Tranny Noise

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
I had my tranny replaced nearly 2.5k miles ago and this time around I went with a CF clutch ( I did the proper 500+ mile break in) and TB with resurfaced flywheel (the stock one wasn't bad at all). This was about almost 3 months ago. I added the MGW shifter about a month ago. About a month later my car started to make a constant squeal. I can't imagine an aftermarket shifter would cause this? If I push the clutch in not even a half inch the squeal stops. Sometimes when I first fire it up it doesn't do it at all. Could this be the Throw out bearing squealing? I hope this means that my tranny hasn't gone bad again the car seems to shift fine :shrug:

04 Blk Cobra

Established Member
Mine makes a squealing noise on acceleration.. garage told me it was the springs in the pressure plate?? Car shifts fine.... just the noise on accel...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm going to say it sounds like the TOB as well. Seems to be one of the more common issues.

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Thanks for the reply guys. Well I searched before on different terminator sections and got worried since some of the people had their tranny replaced after they heard the noise. I'm taking it in soon to get it fixed (not driving it at all till then). Hopefully I caught this early enough that it didn't do further damage. What bothers me is that this is the Centerforce throw out bearing. I thought it would be stronger or better than fords? Didn't seem to last very long. Mine makes the noise all around after it warms up, even at a red light in neutral. All I can say is I get a lot of looks and probably not in a good way since the car sounds like shit.

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
I would say it's definitely the TOB. Did you replace the guide tube when you replaced the TOB? That or improper adjustment could be the cause of premature TOB failure. Does it still squeal in neutral with your foot off the clutch?

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
badboy said:
I would say it's definitely the TOB. Did you replace the guide tube when you replaced the TOB? That or improper adjustment could be the cause of premature TOB failure. Does it still squeal in neutral with your foot off the clutch?

Yes it still squeals in neutral with my foot of the clutch totally. The first time around I got a whole new T-56 and just added the CF clutch and TOB, I don't know if a new guide tube was included (assuming it was) or if it was the one from my first transmission. I'm just praying that its just the TOB and nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread