Tranny????

SteedaSVT

Established Member
Well my friend smoke is tranny again on his 92... Anyone know where i could get one at a reasonable price so he can get it back on the road?????? Thanks
Jason

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Not really, especially in the UP. I have a friend in N. Indiana who's a shoguy/ford tech who did mine. But thats just as far as performance plus. I've heard some parts are becoming hard to find for the MTX-IV. What exactly did he do to the tranny?? Only things I've heard is the diff pin breaking and depending on the load putting a hole in the case, or breaking teeth off of 3rd gear (hi powered SHOs mainly). Otherwise, its just basically your PP or clutch....

SteedaSVT

Established Member
He blew the pin out the case second time its happened. I did it once in mine too. Im thinking about going to missouri and ripping my SHO tranny out of my out one. Quaife would be a great thing to have in his car. He for sure needs a new diff and a tranny housing. I think we might just go to a junk yard in Green bay and see what we come up with.

hes pretty pissy about it right now. He told me if we can't find one then hes gonna sell it to me for a grand. OVer all the cars OK. ITs got a normal taurus hood on it and needs a new paint jobby. But its only got 82k on it:shrug: :shrug:

Second tranny at 82K:shrug:

Thanks ryan

Jason

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I would think a holler to Al Fitzgerald would be a good investment. He is in Nebraska and has tons of SHO stuff.

alfitz.com is the web site.

Good Luck man!! :thumbsup: :beer:

SteedaSVT

Established Member
sweet jesus he has alot of Beat up SHO's

And i think ive decided to get another one. I miss mine and there sometihng about smoking v8 coupes with the groceries in the back. lol

Users who are viewing this thread