Transmission Drop...with LongTubes?

tankerman1981

Established Member
Was wondering if i will have to remove my BBK LongTube Headers to remove my transmission, or if I can still slide it out with them in place? I havent had the time to really get into the project but need to really soon and just need to know how much of a pain I am getting myself into really. Any quick responses would be extremely helpful...Thanks Guys:shrug:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
bummer, hey keep me posted on how this goes, take pics if you can too, i have to do this when i get back from school over christmas break, i have L/Ts on the car and i have to pull the tranny to do a new input shaft....so this is bad news....let me know hw you tackle this one! thanks

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Just the passenger side. Have fun getting it back on! It was a huge PITA to get the header back on when I did my trans swap. Would have been easier with a tubular K or if I had a lift and then dropped the K. Unfortunately I was doing it on jack stands.

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
Just the passenger side. Have fun getting it back on! It was a huge PITA to get the header back on when I did my trans swap. Would have been easier with a tubular K or if I hade a lift and then dropped the K. Unfortunately I was doing it on jack stands.

yea i am not looking forward to this at all, i have a local mustang mechanic who will pull it for 250 bucks, but i too will be doing it on jackstands.... and tubular K has been crossingmy mind lately because of this stupid trans. issue....hmmm this is gonna suuck....:bored:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Tubular K-member, FTW!

The other weekend I had to pull off one of my headers...I had it in my hand in about 2-3 hours..that was taking my time, and reinstalling one of the isolators back in as well.

I could probably do it in about an hour.

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
^^^reallly? how much did that K set you back? i am trying to get a KB and i am picking up another 85 T-Top gt this weekend, so i am trying not to take a bath in all this ahaha

94venomV8

Established Member
I know everyone has said that the pass. side has to be removed but when I just did my T56 swap I took my T45 out and all I had to do is pry (not hard) on the passenger side header. Once I got the bulge where the starter goes past the header I just took the back of the trans toward to passenger side, and it slide out. I was surprised I was just trying to see if it could be done because taking the headers loose didn't look fun. And it worked for me which I was very happy about.

Users who are viewing this thread