Transmission is junk and dealer is a moron.

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
So I had the car checked at the dealer for crappy shifting last week. After going round and round they updated the shifter, checked fluid and found nothing.last year they rebuilt 5th gear. They also stripped the shifter knob off of it and left a block of wood between the engine and chassis about and inch from the serpentine belt. I get the car back Wednesday and it's feeling pretty good. Last night, after about 175 miles of driving issues arise. There's a hard clunking when letting off the clutch from a stop and accelerating, the heat coming from the center console is so hot I had to ride with the windows open and it made my change almost unable to pick up with bare hands. The issue won't show itself in reverse and still does it even if you let the clutch out and come to a slow roll then accelerate. Here's the videos....

http://youtu.be/_wWJBVYZ7_Q
http://youtu.be/nuPOeyLIjRU

I have six or seven videos ready to show the dealer Monday morning. They've been nothing but a pain and the tech tried to tell me my transmission is the same as the GT500, ( yeah he is the guy rebuilding them ). They also told me the drained the fluid and it looked perfect. I had a transmission shop drain it today and these are the photos I got of the fluid.

Not sure what's up but I have just about had it with the car and the dealer.

Quick update; as of today they dealer told me it's not their problem, take it somewhere else. I need a good competent dealer in NY, MA,CT etc that can actually work on the car.

Last edited:

Black on Boss

Established Member
I had a similar issue with my MT-82. My issue was the fifth gear synchro, I ended up switching dealerships and they replaced the entire unit...... 3 months later

chao5.0

Established Member
They've been nothing but a pain and the tech tried to tell me my transmission is the same as the GT500, ( yeah he is the guy rebuilding them ).

they sure are if you only count reverse and the 6 forward gears they each have.

sounds like you need to get in touch with the regional rep after you find a competent dealer to help resolve your issues.

darreng505

Established Member
I lost my 5th gear synchro as well. Final straw. Its a flawed design with sketchy manufacturing (China). Go get a Tremec and discover what real shifting is meant to be.

Last edited:

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
I'd like to get a tremec over a winter but car is still stock and in warranty. It was rebuilt and ok up until a few weeks ago, still goes into gears, just the video shows the main issue now. I need to find a good dealer and that's the problem at hand.

Jabooh1

Established Member
There is a Ford Service person that posts on here sometimes to. Ashley I believe. Maybe you can search and PM her. Good way to jump above the dealer.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
There is a Ford Service person that posts on here sometimes to. Ashley I believe. Maybe you can search and PM her. Good way to jump above the dealer.
Thank you for the mention, Jabooh1! ;-)

I've heard of them twice, I'm calling tomorrow.
Be sure to keep your CSM involved, Bloodykisses. Let me know what they say.

Deysha

Voltwings

Established Member
My transmission used to cook my leg through the tunnel, it wasnt so bad i had to have the window down, but it was bad. Switched to amsoil synchromesh and the thing runs cooler and shifts better, amazing the difference fluid makes. Also, the "clunk," my moms track pack does it, my GT does it... i think its just a noisy transmission, or partially how you drive, because i feel my mother in her car does it far more often than i do in mine.

Users who are viewing this thread