Transmission Mount?

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
well, found out today i need to put engine mounts in my car. was gonna go with the energy suspension mounts, and wanted to do the transmission mount too. according to energys site though they do not make one to fit the "cobra with irs". does anyone make a good transmission mount for our car?

thanks for your help!

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
I thought about doing this too but ran into the same trouble as you, couldn't even find one... I decided to just go with the Hyperflex motor mounts in the end, they will severely reduce the twisting forces the tranny mount normally sees compared to using the stock motor mounts so I'm just gonna go with that.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I thought that I had seen one on RPMoutlet for our Cobras, I may be mistaken but I thought it was an Energy trans mount. I wouldn't trust their knowledge on the years and makes they advertise based on some of the stuff I've heard about them though.

Getting her ready for race season now are you? It'll be cooling down soon.... Hopefully

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
Why not just get the mounts from the Ford parts counter?

i tend to like to upgrade things when they wear out. but from everything i have read there is not an aftermarket mount for our t-56. just was wanting to get a kit or something while i was replacing the motor mounts. meh. oh well.

and yes, gearing up for the racing season. gonna have a 10 second slip before 09. :banana:

SlowSVT

Established Member
The stock transmission mounts are very soft to limit the amount of gear noise being transmitted to the chassis. Aftermarket tranny mounts won't buy you much other then a louder interior. I would stick with the stock mounts. The engine mounts are a different story and are worth going to aftermarket.

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
The stock transmission mounts are very soft to limit the amount of gear noise being transmitted to the chassis. Aftermarket tranny mounts won't buy you much other then a louder interior. I would stick with the stock mounts. The engine mounts are a different story and are worth going to aftermarket.

cool deal. thank you for your input. looks like this is the way i am going.

Users who are viewing this thread